.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 59
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Croickey!
 Patriot Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/14/2005 7:44:47 PM reply with quote send message to Patriot Kennel Object to Post   

I just watched the Croc. Hunter,and he had bloody damper(fish) in a bay full of Bul Sharks!What a nut!
 Silk Water Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/15/2005 8:20:17 PM reply with quote send message to Silk Water Kennels Object to Post

thats steve irwin for ya lol
 Patriot Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2005 1:40:49 PM reply with quote send message to Patriot Kennel Object to Post

yA,i KNOW
 Autumn Roses
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2005 10:10:57 PM reply with quote send message to Autumn Roses Object to Post

not to burst any1s bubble but that guy, maties .....is a big faker
 Canine Cages
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2006 1:54:00 AM reply with quote send message to Canine Cages Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

He is not!I watch him constantly,crikey,he doesn't seem to stage it!\

Sorry,don't kick me out,but I'm only learning to spell Austrailian words,I'm from the U.S.A!
 jypseewizard kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2006 6:20:14 AM reply with quote send message to jypseewizard kennels Object to Post

i agree steve is a big fake i get asked all the time from americans if we use the word crickey NO WE DONT tis only him happy :)
 Canine Cages
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2006 8:56:36 PM reply with quote send message to Canine Cages Object to Post

happy :)Ok.

In my eyes,bucko,HE IS SO NOT FAKIN' IT!
 Skyline Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2006 9:24:04 PM reply with quote send message to Skyline Dogs Object to Post

I like Steve, he does do some great work with animals. As far as the words go, not all americans talk like texans or new yorkers, its just the person and where they grew up, maybe he grew up on another side of the country from you and they really do talk like that there.
 middlemark
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2006 10:33:52 PM reply with quote send message to middlemark Object to Post

ehem

I have had my share of travels, and I must say, there is no way of having an "Australian accent" or an "American accent" or russina, german, iraqi, ecetera, ecetera, ecetera.

Will say more tomorrow, have to go out...
 Canine Cages
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2006 10:10:53 PM reply with quote send message to Canine Cages Object to Post

Skyline,that's point one for the beleivers!lol

-Canine,whom would like to go to Austrailia to meet the NOT FAKER!Steve Irwin
 sassy234
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2006 10:24:17 PM reply with quote send message to sassy234 Object to Post

Steve Irwin is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. Sorry for invading but he's on TV in the US alot. His show used to be nice cause' it was real, now it's acting, and fake.

He needs to learn to shut up, lol. He's just....annoying.

~Morgan
 Sunnierhawk0
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2006 10:24:40 PM reply with quote send message to Sunnierhawk0 Object to Post

Tis True....

Am from Texas.... Althou I speak the same language, you prolly won't find a New Yorker saying " Yall" or "fixin"

LOL
 HillBilly Classic Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2006 10:28:11 PM reply with quote send message to HillBilly Classic Kennels Object to Post

posted by Sunnierhawk0
Tis True....

Am from Texas.... Althou I speak the same language, you prolly won't find a New Yorker saying " Yall" or "fixin"

LOL

Or Gig em...lmao
 Texas Thunder Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2006 10:32:00 PM reply with quote send message to Texas Thunder Kennels Object to Post

i say "Hook'em Horns"! I like Stever Irwin, but somtimes he's annoying! I'm from Texas and not a lot of people have that accent as u think. I used to have a REALLY GOOD accent when i lived in Whitehouse, but know that i moved to Round Rock( about 15-20 mins. from Austin) I kinda lost it!
 Silk Water Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2006 11:11:48 PM reply with quote send message to Silk Water Kennels Object to Post

ok everyone.... we've had a great debate, but this is the australian forum might i point out...
 am_powa
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2006 5:26:25 AM reply with quote send message to am_powa Object to Post

RIP Steve
 me__0021
Premium Member
Forum Moderator

Premium Member Forum Moderator
1/25/2006 5:18:47 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

posted by Skyline Dogs
I like Steve, he does do some great work with animals. As far as the words go, not all americans talk like texans or new yorkers, its just the person and where they grew up, maybe he grew up on another side of the country from you and they really do talk like that there.
I grew up about an hour from Steve's place in sunny Queensland. He is much more bush, and speaks using a lot of 'strine' (in his manner of talking) then many who probably sat in the same class room as him at school.

I do beleive that accents vary. I've studied linguistics, and can now pick up variations in people who grew up in different areas of Australia (ie Far North QLD, Metro regions, people from Adelaide etc), although these are simply my observations.

I also find it interesting how the Australian accent changes when 'we' (Australians!) are talking to people from other countries. Depending on my inclination, and wether people are poking fun I can do an extremely strident accent ('Sheila's, 'comin' and 'goin' mate, and general shortening of words!) Although in a University course, studying Australian popular culture where over 95% of students were American I was told I sounded quite English, as I attempted to enunciate my words properly to help those around me understand what I was saying! I'm interested to see how I'll go later on in the year when I'm travelling in the US!

Jessica
*Signing off from her dissertation on the Aussie accent*
 Sahaara Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2006 12:03:39 PM reply with quote send message to Sahaara Kennels Object to Post

Steve *coughcough* fakes everything.
 beagle
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2006 10:55:53 PM reply with quote send message to beagle Object to Post

Can the Yankees leave the Aussie forum? LOL

Talk about Texas in your own forums.... :P

Silk Water Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2006 12:36:05 AM reply with quote send message to Silk Water Kennels Object to Post

i agree lol, not to be rude or anything...
 Skyline Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2006 11:22:42 AM reply with quote send message to Skyline Dogs Object to Post

May be a "yank" but im still going to comment on accents and steve!

First of, my aunt was born and raised a redneck hillbilly like the rest of my family (Ohio, USA) and she married a Philipino man. They NEVER left the US, but she has a Philipino accent. Accents vary, not only by WHERE you live, but WITH WHO you live.

As for Steve, he currently has 3 shows on tv in the US that i know about.
Crocodile hunter- very realistic and dangerous

Croc hunter Diaries-ya, didnt like it all THAT much

New breed vets- THIS is one of the reasons i like him so much. he DOES know a lot about animals and tries to help them whenever he can. He's not one of those, okay i know it all blah blah blah people, he is still in total awe of animals, much like im sure some of us would be meeting them for the first time. In this one he travels around the world teaching you about some of the amazing animal medical things going on, and teaching people some of the things to NOT do around/to animals.

* I think there might even be another one?? with just his zoo, which i also think is a great thing that hes done.

Okay, i'll let you australians have your thread back, and just end with saying, i STILL love aussie accents whether theyre real or forced!

Replies in this thread : 59
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.