Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : New to the Game + Starting out.
 ColdEmbers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/17/2017 2:22:57 PM reply with quote send message to ColdEmbers Object to Post   

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would try to show me the basics. I'm a bit confused.
Thanks
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/17/2017 2:37:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Glad to help if I can - 10+ years of experience.

Ask away!
 Ugglans
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 3:42:29 PM reply with quote send message to Ugglans Object to Post

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=391848

Here's a link to a very comprehensive guide

ColdEmbers
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 5:49:03 PM reply with quote send message to ColdEmbers Object to Post

Could someone sell me a decent show puppy or at least decent breeders. Not to picky on breed.
 VikingDog
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 6:48:34 PM reply with quote send message to VikingDog Object to Post

do you have any breed(s) in mind? Always happy to help out a new person to the game...I have multiple kennels and multiple breeds...

Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/17/2017 6:49:24 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

I've got several excellent springer spaniels available.
 Nearco
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 7:36:10 PM reply with quote send message to Nearco Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by ColdEmbers
Could someone sell me a decent show puppy or at least decent breeders. Not to picky on breed.

With ColdEmbers being such a new player, whomever sells them a dog/pup should help them out and sort of be a mentor to them.

Also, they should not have a hard to finish breed (like the top 20).....Don't want them to get discouraged and quit...

JMO
happy :)

-----
Last edited by Nearco on 8/17/2017 7:38:19 PM
 Rock Fall Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 8:10:19 PM reply with quote send message to Rock Fall Dogs Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Rock Fall Dogs on 8/18/2017 5:00:53 PM
 Loch Tay
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2017 1:50:26 AM reply with quote send message to Loch Tay Object to Post

How about West Highland White Terrier? It's a friendly breed and all the main kennels will help you with nice puppies or maybe adults too.

As a basic you have limited time to breed puppies, after 30 days you can't breed unless you upgrade. So if you want to breed your own then buy bitches 30 days plus and maybe ask the owner to mate them before they accept your offer.
Message the top breeders in the breed and ask if they will help you start out, almost all will!
Good luck
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2017 2:13:37 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I have some Airedale Terriers that are getting pretty regular group placings but I'm almost the only one showing.

Got some nice Pharaoh Hounds too that sometimes get group placings. This breed could also use some support.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.