Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Alleged IAMS cruelty to dogs/cats.
 DarkDTSHD
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/26/2005 10:03:14 PM reply with quote send message to DarkDTSHD Object to Post   

I was just made aware of alleged cruelty to dogs and cats in the IAMS labs. Allegedly PETA had sent some people "undercover" and discovered some inhumane practices. Take a look at this one sight www.iamscruelty.com. Interesting some one went to the trouble to create this site. I wondered if this wasn't just "buisiness"...then I did a Google search. Found this was covered by other organizations and MSNBC. Is there some truth to this? Why hasn't there been news lately? On CNN or local news? And if this has been allegedly going on for 2 years why are so many big name shops still selling IAMS products.

What say you? What dog foods do you feel your dog? And have you done any research to see if that company is not doing any alleged inhumane acts in their labs...
 Maeghans Giant Beauties
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2005 10:04:31 PM reply with quote send message to Maeghans Giant Beauties Object to Post

I really don't believe alot of what PETA says. Although I agree with their whole cause, I think they take it WAY too extremely. And we feed Purina at my house.
 Cloverwoof
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2005 10:21:31 PM reply with quote send message to Cloverwoof Object to Post

My dogs eat Iams and IMO PETA is just a bunch of hypocritical idiots. Just my two cents worth though.

Clover

Shay Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2005 12:32:19 PM reply with quote send message to Shay Kennels Object to Post

I had heard rumours of this a couple of years ago when I worked in one of the pet specialty stores in town. The reason for them still selling it - well, actually they didn't really have a reason.

I feed my dogs Nutro large breed. I've tried many different brands of food and have liked this the best.

Michelle
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2005 12:40:59 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

www.naiaonline.org/body/articles/ThankstoIams.htm
brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/03/petas_clever_at.html

PETA - People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals, is an extremist animal rights group. The IAMs cruelty allegations are false. Those are a couple of websites to look at. PETA is trying to get IAMS boyvotted and people think of them (PETA) as a good group. However PETA has it's own problems. They've taken strays so as to move them to other shelters and instead killed them and dumped them in the trash. So anything PETA says should be treated with skeptisim.
 Never Brooks
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2005 6:53:19 PM reply with quote send message to Never Brooks Object to Post

Iams is an awful organization!
Someone brought in pics to my local shelter of dogs trapped in tiny cages that were being starved in studies by the Iams company.
I would never feed my dogs Iams.

Besides, they cost a lot and are made up of the same animal by-product and filler stuff as most dog food.

But PETA doesent believe in owning pets at all, so I ques they're worse...

Just my thoughts
 Wade Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2005 11:14:27 AM reply with quote send message to Wade Kennels Object to Post

that Iams is bad,I heard that they diesect cats and doggies sad :(
 lessermark
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2005 11:24:05 AM reply with quote send message to lessermark Object to Post

yes PETA is horrid. i wrote an entire article abot it, its on the second page of the off-topic forum. although i feed my dogs purina, lams is a good dog food company. i dont believe what PETA says, loiok at this site(which helped me with my article)

www.petakillsanimals.com
 lessermark
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2005 11:27:04 AM reply with quote send message to lessermark Object to Post

i can post my article right now if you wish. only if theres a request.
 laviha
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2005 5:55:17 PM reply with quote send message to laviha Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

In my view, PETA is the Al Queda (sp?) of animal rights.
Also Wade, disection is a way for scientists and doctors to learn more about the bodies of animals so they can improve on care and food.
Just putting my 2 cents in

Lavi
 OkieDokies
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2006 2:29:09 PM reply with quote send message to OkieDokies Object to Post

I don't like, nor do I trust PETA, however, the allegations turned out to be true against IAMS. IAMS no longer follows the cruel testing practices that they had a couple of years ago. That's all I'll say about it, as it was really quite awful.
 Drooling Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2006 9:01:07 PM reply with quote send message to Drooling Kennel Object to Post

I found out that their food isn't even a good quality. My cat was on their food and it doesn't make them fatter. My cat got some nutrients but we had to take him to the vet to give him some shots because the food was not enough for him.
 Galaxy Papillions
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2006 9:24:59 PM reply with quote send message to Galaxy Papillions Object to Post

PETA's a little too freaky extreme for me, but I have seen info on Iam's animal cruelty charges from other sources(even international ones), so I do believe they test on animals. Animal cruelty aside, I wouldn't touch Iams with a 10 foot pole. I feed Solid Gold to all my dogs and love the results.

happy :)Galaxy

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.