Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Thinking of a family account... (need breeds)
 Novus
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/4/2017 12:21:44 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Hi all,

So I already have three accounts and for that price, I could just upgrade to family. However, I don't know what breeds to pick! I am looking for suggestions from you all (2 breeds)

I currently have:
Maltese, Brussels Griffons, American Cocker Spaniels, English Cocker Spaniels

Not interested in, at all:
Pomeranians, Dobermans

I would not mind another Toy breed aside from Poms.

I prefer lower SOP and breeds with a lot of colors but not a requirement of course.

Feel free to PM me happy :) If you have broods for sale now, I'd be happy to look. I would like to upgrade by the 11th.

Thanks all, happy showing,
-gen

ps sorry for all the edits, forgetting to add pertinent information
-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/4/2017 12:26:42 PM

-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/4/2017 12:29:39 PM
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 12:30:24 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

You could try a breed from the working group. You can pick one that also wins BIS if that's something you fancy happy :) You could get brood bitches in several breeds, breed them and then see in which breed/breeds you have the most competitive puppies and stick to that breed.
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 12:56:30 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Hi, ESAN,

That is typically not how I go about choosing breeds as I will get confused. 10 years in, I have always gotten good suggestions on these sorts of threads from breeders themselves. Just looking for something that might not jump out at me if I chose a breed myself happy :)

Thanks for the suggestions!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 12:59:43 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Also, I don't know which breeds are necessarily struggling so hearing here helps me decide and might bring others in.
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 3:34:45 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

Springer Spaniels could use some more competition.
 Fleetwood1
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 5:04:02 PM reply with quote send message to Fleetwood1 Object to Post

Portuguese Podengo

This breed has a boatload of colors and variations of coats...and it is really struggling!

I have been trying to keep the breed going with this kennel and 2 other of my kennels (30 Dogs and Another Dawg Kennel).

Besides my 3 kennels, there are only 2 other active players in the breed.

If you would like to get into this breed, I would be happy to get you set up with some good dogs.

The ones I have are anywhere from gen. 62 to gen. 77 so there is plenty of room for improvement.

Thanks
happy :)
 Lupine Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 5:10:15 PM reply with quote send message to Lupine Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I just started in Portuguese Podengos also, I think they will be fun. I will help get anyone started as well! SOPs are all over the map since there is a mix of starter dogs bred to a few older dogs. I don't foresee Picardy pictures anytime soon as there are so many colors.

ETA: I just put some nice Podengos up for sale, from older stock that a nice kennel reclaimed for me! They will be a good start in the breed.

-----
Last edited by Lupine Kennel on 7/4/2017 5:15:08 PM

-----
Last edited by Lupine Kennel on 7/5/2017 5:56:51 PM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.