Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Question on source breeding
 TrianaKennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/25/2017 1:17:37 PM reply with quote send message to TrianaKennels Object to Post   

When source breeding every time you get a litter would you keep the puppies with the highest SOP and breed with those ?
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/25/2017 8:52:37 PM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post

You can look at SOP, but check the trait points for your specific breed and narrow it down to the ones with good marks in those traits. Sounds so much easier than it is. LOL
 Grays
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/26/2017 1:43:18 PM reply with quote send message to Grays Object to Post

yes
 HotSauce
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2017 4:45:55 PM reply with quote send message to HotSauce Object to Post

For me, it depends on why I'm source breeding. Are you trying to fix a certain trait or are you bringing in color? Or just trying to start your own line?

I am currently color breeding, so I cull any undesired colors, then I keep the highest bitch and dog from each pairing. Most of the time I won't look at the dogs more than moving them to a breeding run when they're born, changing their ration to PHfAD then moving them to the pregnant run when I breed.

Good thing these aren't real dogs! laugh :D

So I would figure out what I want to breed for and make my decision that way.
 TrianaKennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2017 4:54:55 PM reply with quote send message to TrianaKennels Object to Post

Thx all of you !

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.