Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Source Dog Shows
 BeEnchanted
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/22/2017 11:57:44 PM reply with quote send message to BeEnchanted Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Im breeding Source Cane Corso's in another Kennel and I would love to be able to show them.

I was curious how many others would be interested in source only shows.

-----
Last edited by BeEnchanted on 2/22/2017 11:58:13 PM
Source Dog Shows
Would not be interested in Source only shows 51.00%
Would be interested in Source only shows 49.00%
83 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Mistaya
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2017 11:39:17 AM reply with quote send message to Mistaya Object to Post

I don't know why but I think this would be super fun!! Maybe because they're SOPs are so bad ??
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2017 8:37:08 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

I source breed in 3 kennels so I would be interested.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/28/2017 12:32:09 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

First you would have to define a 'Source' dog.

They start I believe at Gen 0, then if bred together the result are Gen 1.

If you breed a Gen 1 to a Gen 10, I believe the results are Gen 11. If you breed two Gen 10s, the result are also Gen 11. However these two Gen 11 litters will likely be quite different in quality.

If you breed a Gen 0 to a Gen 40, they will result in Gen 41.
 Silver Wolf Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2017 9:24:16 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Wolf Kennel Object to Post

What is an SOP?
I am a little new to this and would love to know....
 BeEnchanted
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2017 9:14:22 PM reply with quote send message to BeEnchanted Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
First you would have to define a 'Source' dog.

They start I believe at Gen 0, then if bred together the result are Gen 1.

If you breed a Gen 1 to a Gen 10, I believe the results are Gen 11. If you breed two Gen 10s, the result are also Gen 11. However these two Gen 11 litters will likely be quite different in quality.

If you breed a Gen 0 to a Gen 40, they will result in Gen 41.

Yeah I was thinking about that also, maybe it would have to be limited to Gen 1's only or only true Source Dogs.

Just a fun thought, I think trying to implement something like this might be difficult.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2017 2:18:41 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

The SOP is a user-created and define estimate of quality. It basically provides a percent value of perfection. An SOP of 100 is "perfection". An SOP of 99 is almost perfect.

An SOP of 100 would have all traits showing 10.0 and 20.0 for ShowShine.

This is an approximation. There are what is referred to as 'hidden decimals' that we the user can not see but the judges do so that even if there were two dogs showing SOPs of 100, different judges might still place them differently - one 10.0 trait might actually be 10.04 and another 10.0 trait might actually be 9.95. Dogs with SOP of 95 are often defeated by dogs with SOP of 93.

Some time ago the calculation of SOP was added to the game due to user request and its wide use by players across the game but it does not actually come into play for show judging.
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2017 10:09:23 AM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

Possibly a good idea in principle, but as someone else has said determining who exactly was eligible would be a nightmare and would likely end up in bad feeling between kennels so I voted no happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.