Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Genetic Qualities?
 Karmaspring
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/22/2017 11:07:34 AM reply with quote send message to Karmaspring Object to Post   

Do the Genetic Qualities only go dark blue once the final score is reached?

Many thanks and kind regards
Karmaspring
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/22/2017 1:56:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

The genetic qualities do not change. They used to but for some time now puppies are born showing their final traits so if they are not dark blue, they won't be.

The "Conditioning/Training traits" - will change as you session them. They will go up fairly quickly at first then when they get to 16,17,18,19 they change much slower.

Show obedience only changes with sessioning. Condition is only affected by the feed (fat component in the ration builder).

Muscle and coat are influenced by both good food and sessioning. Both are required at first. Sessioning of these factors may be discontinued once they get to 17 or so; they will continue to go up but more slowly than if you continue to session anyway.

Welcome to SD and good luck.
 Karmaspring
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2017 3:47:42 PM reply with quote send message to Karmaspring Object to Post

Thank you gaylanstudio for your detailed reply.

happy :)
 BloodINdiGo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2017 12:11:00 AM reply with quote send message to BloodINdiGo Kennels Object to Post

Alright I'm quite new and somewhat confused. I bought one champion american staff without realizing her generation was a high number (selling her currently) and I bought a pair of gen 0 american staffs bred them and am keeping 2 of their bitch pups selling all the boys and one other bitch. I have shown both of their parents (my gen 0 dogs) and I noticed that they have numbers by 1st in class and have earned a few bucks. Does this mean they did good in a show?
Or bad in a show? She has 2 first in classes and earned more than he did even though he earned one more first in class than she did. www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15431849
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15431846
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/16/2017 2:01:46 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Gen 0s are not going to do well in shows. They might win their classes because there is no other competition there, but they must beat ALL the non champion dogs of their corresponding gender in order to get points towards championships. That means they will be winners dog or winners bitch. And there will be a point total next to their status.

If you want to do well in shows, get rid of the low generations and buy stuff thats higher with as high a SOP as you can find. Look for lots of dark blue traits.
 Sun Dale
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2017 7:55:11 AM reply with quote send message to Sun Dale Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

High generation is fine. It's high coi that you want to avoid.

-----
Last edited by Sun Dale on 4/17/2017 4:46:49 PM

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.