Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : UpDog Challenge with Stoke
 Hearts Ablaze
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/28/2017 8:53:27 PM reply with quote send message to Hearts Ablaze Object to Post   

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

I made a video, for anyone who may be interested in watching it. happy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yNP5aaK0zE&list=PLk9Hz6wkHZjJ8zu3eCibRH1HmCAwUqZPG&index=3

UpDog is a somewhat new frisbee organization that combines classic disc games with agility to create some awesome new dog sports such as FunKey, 7up, etc. You can read more about their rules on their website, but I really just had so much fun playing with my dog today and wanted to share. laugh :D

Please enjoy!
Cassie

-----
Last edited by Hearts Ablaze on 1/28/2017 9:05:11 PM
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2017 4:57:46 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Great video and good job training your dog! You both look like you're having fun! happy :)

Do you also train for those frisbee events where you see how many tricks you can do with your dog or how many frisbees they can catch in a certain amount of time? (I'm not very familiar with frisbee, so if it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about, it's because I don't!!) laugh :D

Thanks for sharing!
 Hearts Ablaze
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 6:06:49 AM reply with quote send message to Hearts Ablaze Object to Post

Yes, that's freestyle and we've tried it before. However, toke doesn't know a lot o tricks so we didn't enter it again yet, haha. We're working on more tricks though so we'll be able to try again!
 Hearts Ablaze
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 6:07:18 AM reply with quote send message to Hearts Ablaze Object to Post

And thank you, by the way. happy :)
 Waggs1
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/6/2017 1:23:36 PM reply with quote send message to Waggs1 Object to Post

Wow this looks like so much fun! I started using a frisbee as a training tool for my staffie (he was a rescue with some behavioural baggage). I now use it for fun and excercise and I've always fancied doing agility with him so this just looks like the perfect combination of the two!
 Hearts Ablaze
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2017 9:01:52 AM reply with quote send message to Hearts Ablaze Object to Post

That's awesome! It really is a lot of fun, Stoke absolutely loves it. Maybe even more than agility.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class