Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Why can't I breed - is my bitch too old
 Black Diamonds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/9/2017 5:06:08 AM reply with quote send message to Black Diamonds Object to Post   

Hi, I'm very new.. like under a week, and was wondering why I can't breed with a particular bitch.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14966680
I've checked and don't think she has just had puppies.. from what I can see her last litter of puppies is 87days old.

Have no idea what is going on, please help...!!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/9/2017 12:46:08 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

There is nothing apparent that should prevent breeding. Age is not a factor.

As was suggested in the other forum, if you tell us exactly what you are doing and what happens and also who you want to breed her to we might have a better idea of what the problem is.

Welcome and good luck.
 Black Diamonds
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2017 3:57:39 AM reply with quote send message to Black Diamonds Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
There is nothing apparent that should prevent breeding. Age is not a factor.

As was suggested in the other forum, if you tell us exactly what you are doing and what happens and also who you want to breed her to we might have a better idea of what the problem is.

Welcome and good luck.

Thanks happy :)
firstly I click on the bitch I want to breed with..
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14966680
then on the side bar under owner options I click on the breed option..
This takes me to a "choose your sire" page where my dog www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14966680 is listed.
.... OMGoodness.. I have just worked out what I am doing wrong... doh.. I need to click the word "breed" not the actual dog link...
I feel like such a wally... thanks for suggesting I go through step by step..
*feeling really really stupid right now*
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/10/2017 7:34:31 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well don't feel too bad - it seems there was someone else a short while ago with the same "problem".

Welcome to ShowDog and good luck.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.