Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Wanting Breed to Source Breed? (Suggestions)
 Euphorias
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/28/2016 6:57:12 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post   

Ok so I have a source breed kennel that I have been doing for a while and I find myself more interested in that then my regular kennels. Probably because there is actually major changes and improvements vs .01 improvements and that makes it more exciting. (I would actually love it if the whole game went back to starters but that most likely just me haha!)

So if you know of a breed or are in a breed that would benefit from a source line I want to know about it! Maybe theirs a super low trait that is hard to bring up? Maybe not enough variety in colors? Maybe the gene pool is super low?

So let me know your suggestions and also why you think it would benefit form a source project?

Also let me know if you have source dogs you could donate or sell to me for the project as I am out!

(I myself would prefer a breed with Picardy Pics & with many colors.)

The main goal of getting suggestions is that once the dogs get far enough along you could use them to improve your line!

Thanks!

(Also I don't pure source breed as I mix generations, but I do not mix in current dogs.)
 Mistaya
Basic User

Basic User
2/5/2017 10:55:00 AM reply with quote send message to Mistaya Object to Post

I'm just starting back after 7 years - going with Cane Corsos as there are very limited colours in the breed right now - got some starter dogs and will play with color building ??
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2017 10:26:38 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

I don't think a source breeding kennel could catch up for months/years, but if you want a challenge, try ridgebacks. We have all but lost 3-4 colors, which I believe (conspiracy theory) would help increase some traits that are hidden.

Most of our colors where lost before I started/before colors.
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/9/2017 11:14:38 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Tell me about it...LMAO

I've been doing True source breeding here since 2006.
Nowhere near show quality.

It takes patience and persistence that is for sure.
Make sure you have at least one or 2 other show kennels to keep you busy.

I have a new breeding set now that won't be bred until March 8 so I ignore it for a month at a time.
 BeEnchanted
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2017 12:03:09 AM reply with quote send message to BeEnchanted Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Cane Corso's could really use some help happy :) I have a source breeding kennel for them - ShadowMyst

I have several rare colors in Gen 1's if anyone needs any.

-----
Last edited by BeEnchanted on 2/23/2017 12:05:00 AM

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.