Search

.com Forum · Polish Lowland Sheepdog

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : Source Breeding Project
 Aniron
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/1/2016 11:58:30 PM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post   

Hi fellow PON breeders *waves*. I decided to begin source breeding PONs because I thought there might be a need for new bloodlines later on down the road. I figured I'd keep track of my progress here.

I'm starting out with 3 males because somewhere in the back of my head I remember reading something about not having to worry much about COI when you begin with 3 studs. I also have 8 total females to start out with. This is usually higher than what most source projects start out at, but I'm a bit paranoid about COI.

I'm not even going to worry about color at this point. There are just too many colors out there for this breed. It's mind boggling. I figured I'd just breed my source dogs and see what colors I end up with over time.

I figured that I'd just start out by breeding each stud to all of my girls and see what I end up with. I bred my first male to 7 of my females. This is what I call the first wave of my project. My first litters are due to arrive on July 7th. I know they are not going to be very good and I'm cringing just thinking about how low their SOPs are going to be. I am excited to finally be starting my very own source project though. I really hope I can be disciplined enough to stick with it.

Replies in this thread : 0

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.