Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Points Earned in Obedience?
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/17/2016 10:34:57 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

Do the points earned in the Showdog Obedience Trials go towards anything i.e. OTCH points? I don't remember ever seeing an OTCH titled dog on Showdog, so I'm guessing the points are simply for Obedience Rankings/Prestige in the game or completely pointless (no pun intended.)
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2016 11:53:03 AM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post

Yes, there are the following titles:
- CD for the first level (qualifying in three novice trials)
- CDX for the second level
- and UD for the third level

Each level equals mastering one row of traits. Your dog is entered into the correct class automatically. The titles are shown just as 'normal' CH/GCH titles; here's an example:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14807397
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2016 5:54:34 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

I understand how the obedience classes work...it's essentially like real life obedience (which I do.) 3Qs to earn a title. However, unlike RL obedience, the only points (I'm talking points, not the score earned I the class) accumulated are OTCH points OM points and you don't start accumulating them until after you earn a UD title, I believe. ...And you certainly wouldn't earn points in a novice class, like it appears I have done on showdog with my dog.

So do the points mean anything?
 Whisky Run
Basic User

Basic User
5/17/2016 10:10:23 PM reply with quote send message to Whisky Run Object to Post

I believe you are correct and the points may be used to determine obedience rankings.

There is no OTCh title, although it has been suggested in the past. Unfortunately the Obedience portion of the game could benefit with a little TLC.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.