.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 97
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Some recent banner creations by Dalkeith
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/10/2016 1:20:38 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

This post was last updated on 2nd September 2016

All Banner Orders are Currently on HOLD - until further notice.

I have very limited time to make banners at the moment so I won't be taking any more orders for a while.

Banner form:

Kennel name:
Slogan/Subtext (if any):
Breed:
Background theme:
Anything specific:

Please note:
* Banners are made in my spare time - so beware - there may be a lengthy wait depending on how busy I am in RL.
** I prefer to work with one breed per banner - 2 is also okay. 3 is tricky.
*** You are more than welcome to provide your own image of your own dog if you wish - as long as it is of a high quality, in focus, and you own the rights to the image (Eg: you took the photo of your own dog)
**** I do not always make the banners in the order that they were requested - so please don't be offended if yours isn't done first.

Examples of recent banners:

-----
Last edited by Dalkeith on 9/1/2016 6:41:34 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2016 3:33:31 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Learnt a new text technique as well as how to enlarge an image without losing detail.

Not 100% happy with this one, but still learning.

Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 7:51:45 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Decided to make a banner for my 'Breeding One Champion of Every Breed' challenge that I recently started.

Quite happy with how it turned out considering I'm never very good with having multiple dogs in the same image.

Anyway - here it is: happy :)

I can't decide which one I like better - the top with the light shading/highlights behind the dogs - or the bottom one with the darker highlights. - Opinions? happy :)

I tried to have 1 dog to represent all of the 7 Groups.

laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Dalkeith on 1/11/2016 8:07:36 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 8:11:51 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I can certainly see many faults in my banners lol - all still a learning process happy :)

It's hard with Caucasian Mountain Dogs - as there aren't many decent images to use.
 Masterpiece Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 9:02:27 PM reply with quote send message to Masterpiece Goldens Object to Post

Love these! I really like the last one!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2016 10:57:35 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Thanks! happy :)
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2016 6:58:32 AM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

They are lovely!
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/12/2016 11:04:13 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I like the Quiliute Legends one a lot! How much would you charge if I asked you to make me dog page banners for each of my breeds?
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2016 1:09:04 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I like the font on the Aurora one. And I like the lighter one on the mult breed the one. It's a little dark overall for my personal taste but the dog placements are good!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2016 3:51:50 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Thanks everyone so much for your comments laugh :D I love hearing feedback happy :)

I'll send you a PM Little River happy :)
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2016 11:07:10 AM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

They are wonderful. Really very nice work!!
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2016 11:22:53 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Excellent work! I especially like the Valhunds one on snow. My only suggestion in your "multi" dog banner is that the muzzle on your GWP gets blurred by being placed over the Peke of the same colour ... at first I thought the Peke's foot was on the GWP's nose :P. It's a colour thing though, not your composition or cropping which I think is excellent with so many subjects. I also loved your "fox and hound" but agree about the script not being quite right. I can't believe you are just a beginner because these are VERY professional!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2016 4:44:27 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Thanks so much for your comments Tizzy happy :)

I totally agree with you on the GWHP :P I had moved him around to different positions in order for him to 'fit' better - and in the end he worked best next to the Peke, but yes the colours do blend unfortunately.

I can certainly fix the colour issue at some stage when I've got time again happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2016 5:00:19 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

All finished:

I think I like the look of it without the sub-text though: happy :)

I still seem to struggle to find the right font for subtext.

-----
Last edited by Dalkeith on 1/19/2016 5:14:39 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2016 5:41:54 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

My latest banner:

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/30/2016 9:28:32 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Hey Dalkeith. Hope everything is well - are you still going to do the dog page ones I was hoping for? If you don't have the time that's okay, I just figured I should ask happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2016 2:56:37 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

LR - I've PMd you happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2016 4:17:23 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

So sorry for the lateness!

I'm not happy with the Spinone one as there's hardly any decent Spinone images to use :/ So I won't charge you for the Spinone GP.

Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2016 5:24:11 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Simply Sporting Ltd
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2016 12:22:24 AM reply with quote send message to Simply Sporting Ltd Object to Post

Nice Work!

Are you taking any orders right now?
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2016 2:10:18 AM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

posted by Simply Sporting Ltd
Nice Work!

Are you taking any orders right now?

Heya happy :)

Yes I'm happy to take orders - feel free to send me a PM at my Dalkeith kennel happy :)

Cheers,
Rij

Replies in this thread : 97
Page : 1 2 3 4 5
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.