Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Eliminate 3rd, 4th, etc and Implement Selects?
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/1/2015 9:15:46 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post   

Jeff asked for a user poll to get an idea from everyone.

I'm suggesting to redo the current Best of Breed placements and eliminate the 2nd-4th in breed placements and instead implement Select Dog and Select Bitch who are eligible for GCH points exactly like AKC's current system.

The selects do not always get GCH points, it depends on entries and the point scale for that breed. BUT it is an additional way to possibly earn GCH points as well.
GCH points are calculated on the same point scale as CH points, so nothing new there. BOB winners count all dogs in the classes and champions, regardless of sex, and get that many points. BOS counts their sex only. Select Dog/Bitch counts there sex only MINUS two, and earns points based on that number of dogs defeated.

See examples here on AKC's website: www.akc.org/events/conformation-dog-shows/counting-grand-championship-points/

Eliminate 3rd, 4th, etc and Implement Selects?
Eliminate 2nd-4th in breed AND implement Selects 66.67%
Keep placements as they are AND add Selects 11.11%
Eliminate 2nd-4th in breed ONLY 3.51%
Keep placements as they are, NO change 18.71%
146 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 8:14:25 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

This would make so much sense.
 Castleberry
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 7:11:24 AM reply with quote send message to Castleberry Object to Post

I was very surprised to see that there a number of votes to not add Select Dog/Select Bitch and I would be interested to hear why someone would be against the update?

Maybe I'm missing something? I can't see any downside?
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 3:21:39 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Perhaps a misunderstanding of what this means? And there are always going to be people who just don't like change!
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 3:21:54 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

duplicate

-----
Last edited by Kalynda on 11/4/2015 3:22:23 PM
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 4:49:48 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I'm not sure why the hesitation or votes against.

IMO, it's a Win-Win. More dogs get GCH points per show and it mocks the AKC show ring just like the rest of the game.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 5:15:37 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

It's a great idea, lets implement this major improvement
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/4/2015 9:07:37 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Would it be okay to add selects this month but drop the 2nd, 3rd, 4th in breed stuff at the end of the month in a sort of clear before/after?
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 9:41:02 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I don't see why not Jeff, I think whatever you want to do will be fine.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2015 7:38:07 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I don't see a problem with that Jeff.

On a side note- when dropping 2nd-4th, will Best of Winners be called out then so that it's clear when they should be taking the points from the other sex?
 Double S Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/14/2015 9:08:21 PM reply with quote send message to Double S  Kennel Object to Post

2nd, 3rd and 4th is only being eliminated at the Ch. level correct?
there are times when the class dog/bitch goes 2nd or 3rd will the new award of Best of Winners be added?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
12/31/2015 7:13:02 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Bumping this poll - would love to hear from more players!

Please read and place your vote!

We need to have a large number of players voting and expressing their opinion in order for any sort of change to occur happy :)
 Barnsforde
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2016 2:26:43 AM reply with quote send message to Barnsforde Object to Post

I'm not voting because I'm not interested in any changes until the game is running properly.
There have been several glitches recently and there still are things that aren't running properly.
Surely admin time is better used sorting out what's wrong.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 5:24:03 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

posted by Barnsforde
I'm not voting because I'm not interested in any changes until the game is running properly.
There have been several glitches recently and there still are things that aren't running properly.
Surely admin time is better used sorting out what's wrong.

I think you have a fair point here. SD definitely seems to be a bit neglected lately,
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 1:55:41 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Actually I agree with this sentiment. I have been playing SD for many years and although I know the game will never go back to the high level (of members) that it once was, I wish it would go back to the place it once was. Jeff and his admin team were always prompt and buzzy and there to sort stuff out if it needed it & I so enjoyed being part of it.

I recently dropped my family account due to financial issues & back at work after the seasonal break I find that I may be in line for a promotion - however I am so hesitant signing up again. It's not a cheap subscription for a family account. I could get a month on Netflix or something for less. And so I find myself not sure whether to rejoin because I'm wondering what service it is I'm paying for.

I'm sure that Jeff does his best & I don't mean to sound critical, I'm just being honest with my feelings about this game. I find it very hard to leave so I am finishing the odd dog for other people as a basic. Does anyone else feel like this or am I being unreasonable?
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 9:38:28 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

i dont think this ever got implemented from November?
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 10:59:31 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

This would be great!
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2016 10:25:18 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Bumping this up- Jeff, we reached the required 100 votes and have 60%+ approval for the changes
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2016 1:33:22 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

He did say in this thread he would change it, I assume its just not a priority
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2016 5:31:26 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I'd like this implemented too
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2016 7:22:26 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I sent Jeff a message about this a couple days ago with no response. Hope it is changed soon!

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing