Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Border Collies at EKC
 CanadianColours
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/22/2005 11:19:50 AM reply with quote send message to CanadianColours Object to Post   

Hi All,

Quick question. I don't see any border collies listed in the ekc show schedule. Do they show with the rest of the collies (eg. rough or smooth)? I need to know so we know which ring to be at and what time.
 Estrellakennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2005 8:54:31 PM reply with quote send message to Estrellakennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

(Ino in different kennel)

Actually, Border Collies are in the misc. group & not 'offically' reconized by the CKC unlike the AKC.

**Edit..ekk, sorry I didnt get to you sooner
 CanadianColours
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2005 10:26:04 AM reply with quote send message to CanadianColours Object to Post

I didn't see any misc. group on the schedule on the weekend?
 inovationDanies
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2005 8:45:35 PM reply with quote send message to inovationDanies Object to Post

Thats either because there were no entries or the EKC didnt allow the misc. group to participate (only some shows allow it).
 WalkOn
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2005 9:25:36 PM reply with quote send message to WalkOn Object to Post

I may be wrong but I do not believe the Border Collie is or will ever be recognized by the CKC, not in Misc. or full.
This is because of the Animal Pedigree Act in Canada which only allows for one registry for purebred animals. The Border Collies are already registered with the Canadian Border Collie Club.
cheers WalkOn
 Barnett Landing
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2005 2:35:50 PM reply with quote send message to Barnett Landing Object to Post

Its up to the breed club to look for CKC registration, it costs money and the club must provide proof that there is enough dogs and enough support for CKC registration. Then they need to be voted by the members of the CKC. Contac thte BC club and see how their progress is going, and if they are striving towards full CKC registration or not
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/25/2005 10:51:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Don't quote me on this but it seems to me that a number of years ago the Border Collie was in the process of getting CKC recognition but withdrew for some reason. I think (don't want to get myself in trouble here) that there was some talk about not wanting the working qualities to be lost / corrupted by the conformation show scene.
Anyone else remember (late 70's early 80's)?

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.