.com Forum · Harrier

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Harrier Community Thread
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/15/2015 8:39:02 PM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post   

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to dive in with starting up a Community Thread for our beloved breed! I am hoping it will be a place where we can share news, triumphs, studs and sales, and more!

If anyone is interested, there is a thread I started here that has some abandoned studs, including three decent quality Lemon studs:
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=405972

I am trying to keep some shows going, but my show string is actually kinda limited at the moment. Looking forward to seeing everyone else join in soon - most of my dogs are not fully sessioned, so please feel free to jump in even if your dogs are just partially sessioned!

As far as pups for sale, I have all different colors available including Red, Blue Tri, Black Tri, and a couple good quality Pied studs (very rare!). Take a look!

Hope everyone is having a great week, and nice to meet you all!
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/16/2015 9:46:27 AM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

I have a few girls I am sessioning, but was holding off on entering as I assumed (you know what they say about assuming!! laugh :D ) that you had fully sessioned kids. When I get home from this weekend, I will enter everyone I have, who will not be dismissed from shows!

I am just getting started out, but hope to be off and running soon! You have given me quite the start Aedelwine! happy :)

I am excited to join in the color breeding aspect of Harriers, too! Thank you Picardy for making it so I don't have to read what colors I have!! laugh :D
 Stern Noir
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 3:16:45 AM reply with quote send message to Stern Noir Object to Post

Have been away from the game for a while, playing catch up now. happy :) I am sessioning one dog right now.

Glad to see the breed has been picking up and the color projects are doing good!
 Keaira
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 3:57:28 PM reply with quote send message to Keaira Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi Stern Noir!!! Glad to have you back! laugh :D

ETA - this is Aedelwine, duh... posted under the wrong kennel! >.<

-----
Last edited by Keaira on 10/18/2015 3:58:52 PM
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 5:15:39 AM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Hello hello! laugh :D

I thought I would give a quick introduction as I’ve recently joined Harriers!

My name is Rij and I hail from Melbourne, Australia.

I’ve been on SD on/off for nearly 10 years and have bred a whopping 489 Champions in that time happy :)

On SD I’m involved in Anatolian Shepherds, Azawakhs, Caucasian Mountain Dogs, Kooikerhondjes and now Harriers.

In RL I’m a vet nurse and share my life with two beautiful Rhodesian Ridgebacks happy :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone in ring!

Cheers,
Rij

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 9:55:53 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Welcome to the breed! Nice to have ya in another breed! (I'm Blitz in CMDs).

Everyone here is super helpful and friendly! I am new too, so I am currently sessioning up some girls and trying to figure out what I want to breed. If you see anyone in my kennel you'd like to borrow, let me know! happy :)
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 9:56:19 AM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

Oops, that should have been posted from here.
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2015 1:27:58 PM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

We're happy to have you, Rij! laugh :D
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2015 5:17:24 PM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

How are everyone's color breeding projects coming along, especially Lemons? Can we all share our current top SOPs in color?

Mine are as follows...

Black Tri - 73.90
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14408960

Blue Tri - 69.15
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14409028

Lemon - 87.60
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14315845

Lilac Tri - 91.35
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14303052

Pied - 91.55
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14315848

(Not posting Choc Tri or Red because those have both been show quality for a while now!)
 Stern Noir
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2015 6:48:01 PM reply with quote send message to Stern Noir Object to Post

I've not really been able to contribute to color breeding too much. I do have one lilac tri boy:

Lilac Tri- 91.65 Male
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14370887

Then I still have my old 89.00 pied boy.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13708020

I don't know how long you're going to keep Geoffrey up for stud, but I do want to try getting a nice lemon again. happy :)

My actual highest SOP is 93.05. All of my dogs over 92 are getting pretty inbred though! I'm glad we have some more players. I wanted to take some more girls to Aethelhelm but the COIS are too high LOL.
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2015 8:44:06 AM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

@Stern - I will keep Geoffrey up until I get someone better haha! I was making leaps and bounds with Lemons for a while, and now they have seemed to stagnate again... all in good time! And yes, inbreeding is starting to become an issue!!
 Stern Noir
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2015 12:06:12 AM reply with quote send message to Stern Noir Object to Post

Got a surprise 91.95 lilac tri. Didn't know the parents were carriers. happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14448438

Listed her 91.80 lilac sister for sale. Both have 9.5 forequarters.
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2015 10:00:34 AM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

Hope you don't mind if I snatch her up! laugh :D That's awesome - my Lilacs are getting a bit inbred haha.
 Ddedwyddach
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2015 2:12:06 AM reply with quote send message to Ddedwyddach Object to Post

Hello everyone,

I've decided to give Harriers a try. I have Beagles IRL and I've always been a hound fan -- and the community here seems great so why not?

I have two other kennels right now: Suggestion (Siberian Huskies) and Tartufo (Cani Corso color project). I figured between a color project and a very competitive breed Harriers would be a good fit.

Can't wait to see how it goes!
 Stern Noir
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2015 3:53:50 AM reply with quote send message to Stern Noir Object to Post

That's awesome! Welcome to the breed! laugh :D

As a side note, I've just put some more dogs up for stud, including my lilac tri boy.
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 12:38:35 PM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

Hey everyone! I have an 85 SOP Lemon bitch up for sale, if anyone is interested:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14497823

Also just dropped an 85 SOP Lemon dog *finally* so maybe we'll start making progress again... everything has been really stagnated in Lemons for me lately. sad :(

Also, welcome to Ddedwyddach! It's great to have you! laugh :D
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2015 10:35:35 AM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

Just as an FYI to everyone - my monetary situation is... not good. happy :) So I am taking a short break from showing in order to focus on getting my funds back up. I will be back in the ring as soon as I can!
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2015 2:59:27 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Sorry to hear that sad :(

I'll PM you happy :)
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
12/25/2015 11:16:57 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Whats everyones top SOPs in Harriers at the moment?

List your best bitch and best dog happy :)
 Aedelwine Harriers
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2015 12:47:20 PM reply with quote send message to Aedelwine Harriers Object to Post

My best stud and bitch are both at 92.65 right now... not top SOP, but I've been more focused on colors. Just dropped a 92 Pied bitch, so I am super stoked about that!!! laugh :D It's taken me forever to make any progress there.
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2015 3:46:12 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Wow Congrats on the Pied bitch – thats brilliant!

I haven’t been working on colour at all, so I don’t think I have anything to contribute with my dogs lol.

My current top dogs:

Un-named pup:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14570245
SOP: 92.80%
Score: 1.04

Aurora – Jack of All Trades
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14479060
SOP: 93.00%
Score: 1.09

My current top bitches:

Aurora – Hidden Beauty
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14545971
SOP: 92.95%
Score: 1.01

I’m particularly impressed with ‘Hidden Beauty’ as her score is amazing even though her SOP is high but not the highest. She’s only 0.01 away from ‘Prairie’ whose SOP looks so much better lol. Yet another reason why the generalised SOP system sucks lol.

Aurora – Night on the Prairie
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14512919
SOP: 93.45%
Score: 1.02

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.