Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : For those of you who like spiders :) (Image heavy)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/6/2015 9:44:26 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

For those of you who like spiders – here are some of my photos of a gorgeous little spider who set up camp at our house for about 3 months before she disappeared/died suddenly one day. We had lots of enjoyment watching her spin a new web every night in the same spot. (She made her web under an alcove right next to an outdoor spotlight so all the bugs would fly through her web when we turned the light on – very intelligent little creatures).

This is her belly markings – pretty cool!

For those of you who know the story/movie ‘Charlotte’s Web’ – about the spider and the pig who become friends? Well I took this photo of my Ridgeback Tonks sitting beneath Charlotte (you can see Charlotte in the image) – how cool is it?!

Eating a meal worm happy :)

One night when we were outside observing Charlotte we realised she had company! We ended up watching the pair of them for an hour – and got to witness some pretty weird mating/courtship rituals!

Unfortunately for him – the date didn’t go well and he got eaten by Charlotte :P

Looking very plump/pregnant?

I know spiders aren’t for everyone – but I’ve always enjoyed animals no matter what species they are. We ended up observing Charlotte every single night for about 90 days in total before one day she just disappeared. We’re not sure if she died, got eaten or moved locations – but we miss seeing her every night. She did appear to mate with another spider, and also appeared to be getting very large – so we think she may have laid an egg sac and then died off – but we really can’t be sure. The last few days that we saw her she did seem to be acting strange – her web design changed dramatically – from well-formed and extravagant, to a total mess – and when we watched her closely she didn’t seem to be as ... ‘co-ordinated’ as usual if that makes sense. Perhaps she was getting old and died of natural causes ... who knows? :P

Not long after Charlotte disappeared we had a new friend pop up in the same area:

A new little friend to enjoy watching: happy :)

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 4:24:21 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm not a fan of spiders, but she was gorgeous!! I would hate to be a male spider! laugh :D
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 6:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Oh wow! how brilliant. How do we post photos? I have some of a spider who, like yours, we watched for weeks, living in our kitchen. I would yell at everyone not to break her web, eventually she disappeared like yours.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 10:45:12 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

You need to put your photos on an image hosting site. I use photobucket, but I know there are others out there. Then when you have your photo uploaded to the site of your choice, you select the link to the photo (in photobucket I use the direct link) then you come here and type [ img ] your link here [ / img ] (without all of the spaces) and your image will show up. happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2015 5:55:42 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I think it's sad that one day they just disappear. I know that she wasn't 'bound' to stay at our house - but we certainly enjoyed watching her every night happy :)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.