Search

.com Forum · Canaan Dog

Replies in this thread : 110
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2015 2:34:32 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

I'll take the gold! Also I just had some color litters yesterday, the list on my page is updated if you guys are interested.

happy :)
Heather
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2015 2:53:51 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

The sand and gold are up for sale. Feel free to offer less.

I also need to narrow down what I'm working on. I think I may go unticked...that'll take a LONG time I think!
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2015 10:19:38 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I've had a bunch of cream and cream and white, but out of top dog's starters.

Top dog-if you are interested in golden fore (solid gold, 90ish SOP), let me know. I've had several litters out of him so will probably Fh in the next few days unless someone is interested.

Lany, I'm definitely doing unticked and solid and color in my Kodachrome kennel. I think I'm going with solids and maybe tricolors in CirclingSky.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2015 12:58:05 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

My latest color litter, let me know if there is interest:

white and gold ticked, gold and white ticked, white and cream ticked, black and white long coat (unticked!) The ticked ones in this litter could be Tt. And I'm keeping the gold and white unticked boy (the one I named)

Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2015 12:58:34 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I'm definitely interested in unticked pups if you guys get them, so let me know.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2015 7:29:33 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I'm getting some source dogs from another player. The first 4 are made and I had her make the other 2.

There was a Liver Tricolor Ticked Long Coat male that I'll FH if neither of you want him.

Two Cream Long Coat bitches, I'll sell them if you want them or likely keep at least one.

The White and Sand Long Coat Liver Pigmented I'm going to keep, even though she's liver, since she's unticked. But likely for only a litter or two then I'll sell her there's interest.

I'll let you know once I get the other two if there is anything interesting!
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2015 1:58:57 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Last color post for a bit!

I have the last two starters, both I'll FH in a few days if there's no interest. There's a Cream and White Ticked Long Coat Liver Pigmented bitch and a Cream Liver Pigmented dog.

One more litter of pups with some unticked, I have a liver and white dog and a white and black bitch (also a cream and white ticked and liver and white ticked).

CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2015 11:35:28 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

I really need to sort my kennels when I get home this weekend. I had a couple of litters in Kodachrome with a ton of black and white and cream and white unticked, very low SOP. Will likely put one of each sex/color up for offer, will take $1. I don't think I'm looking for much else right now except unticked studs.
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2015 5:49:36 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Got a long coat/unticked litter today.

1 Gold and White Long Coat bitch
4 Black and White Long Coat bitches
1 Cream and White Long Coat bitch
1 Cream and White Long Coat dog

Let me know if there's interest.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2015 4:09:54 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I'll take one of the cream and white pups, I'd prefer the dog, but will take the bitch.
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2015 7:33:55 PM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

I put up some more studs today, some carry unticked and there are some different colors. Will be more in a few days!
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2015 8:36:05 PM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

I have no idea what I'm going to be doing, but I just bought two starter bitches from Second Habit Outdoors Kennels.

I got Gold and White and Gold Long Coat Liver Pigmented.

You guys are staying away from the liver pigmented stuff since its around already, right?
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2015 9:31:36 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

You are correct about liver pigment being plentiful already along with ticking, but the dog you have is long coated which is pretty rare so far--wouldn't FH it too fast!

happy :)
Heather
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2015 1:06:00 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Alrighty!

I am clueless when it comes to color breeding. Poor Lilliput has tried to help before, but I never fully understand.

Are there colors I want to avoid breeding these girls to?
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2015 1:36:53 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

NOpe, you can breed to whatever you want. Unticked is still pretty rare, as are "color" and white (opposed to white and "color"wink ;). That's half the fun-seeing what comes out! Your solid gold may be unticked or carry unticked, wouldn't know since it is only expressed in dogs with white. Might be interesting to do a test breeding to an unticked dog. If it is unticked, I would be interested in the solid gold when you are done with it.

As far as the liver, there are now enough dogs that are black that I'm not concerned about it. When we started this project there were only a handful of black based dogs, so it was difficult to breed away from (black is dominant to liver). Now there are plenty of high SOP color options for breeding, and getting close to a zillion options for low SOP.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 3:57:31 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I'm concentrating on breeding non ticked among other things. I am trying to stay away from liver, but that's just me. I have kept a liver pigmented bitch because she's unticked but likely won't keep her for long!

Welcome to the breed!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 8:43:16 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Perfect! I can't wait to breed the girls to see what I get!

I'm feeling a kennel reorganization coming on .... There are a few breeds on the chopping block and Canaans need MORE ROOM! laugh :D Maybe I'll get a second family account sooner than we thought! laugh :D
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 4:55:57 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

HAAA!!! They are addictive....so many pretty colors!! LOL I had to stop at 3 kennels for Canaans....for now anyway!
 TreeHouse Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 2:37:18 AM reply with quote send message to TreeHouse Kennel Object to Post

I posted this in the other discussion thread, so I'm moving this over here.

Just an FYI, Canaans are $111.96 each to purchase! I just bought five. laugh :D

The colors I received are:

Black and Tan (bred to black and tan)
Black and White (bred to black)
White and Cream Long Coat (bred to white and black ticked)
Liver and White Ticked (bred to white and liver ticked)
Liver Long Coat (bred to black tricolor long coat)

Are these common colors or are they worth keeping?

I am not seeing a list of current colors everyone has ... I'm going to make a post for this. I'll start combing through everyone's kennels tonight after the kids go to bed. happy :)
 KodachromeCanaans
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 7:04:58 AM reply with quote send message to KodachromeCanaans Object to Post

Starters are still $112 today, so I bought a couple more. Totally addicted...

Replies in this thread : 110
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.