.com Forum · Shiba Inu

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Colour Clarification for Breed Drawings
 Picardy
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/19/2015 7:05:58 PM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post   

Hi All!

I'm hoping for a little colour input for the Shiba colour pics.

1st) "And White" colours- how much white spotting are you expecting? The genetic code looks like Irish white markings (Border Collie markings). Is this meant to be the mismarked "Pinto" Shiba?

2nd) Red Buff vs. Red Cream... the genetic code looks the same to me, so if anyone could give me an idea of which is darker or more red vs. more yellow that would be great!

Much appreciated!
  Volta
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 7:18:04 PM reply with quote send message to  Volta Object to Post

Volta
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 7:18:20 PM reply with quote send message to  Volta Object to Post

Sorry do not have the breed!
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 7:54:03 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I don't have shibas either - but here's the color page from the National breed club:
www.shibas.org/color.html
at the bottom there's also a link to Urajiro - which is the required white for shibas, explains it a bit. Doesn't seem to be white like other breed markings.

Hope this helps!! Love the drawings happy :)
 Lunacy
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 7:55:35 PM reply with quote send message to Lunacy Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

^^^ Urajiro is already included in the colouring of the "with White" dogs so I assume it refers to mismark white.

I did a quick search and found a couple of shibas with pinto like markings: www.skiandu.com/shiba_about/images/colouring_daisy.jpg and a142.idata.over-blog.com/3/44/20/24/Les-couleurs-du-Shiba-Inu/shiba-pinto.jpg but also found a few with minor white trim. I'd say it should be treated as spsp rather than sisi( with the minor white trims probably being Ssp, if I remember correctly) . Not my breed so I may be wrong. I can't help with Red Buff vs. Red Cream at all though.

-----
Last edited by Lunacy on 5/19/2015 8:35:05 PM
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2015 3:02:41 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I did a bit of digging and found some older threads that could help (particularly if you can get Jeff to fix the broken links...)

Here's the original color model about halfway down the page- the person who posted it has been active within the past month-www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=175841&recordnum=120

This has broken links to the original thread where it was discussed- www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=248912

And this is likely unuseful but maybe- user discussion w/ pics on color- www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=256999
 Picardy
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/20/2015 12:39:05 PM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post

Thanks, I guess based on the original colour model, the cream undercoat should be lighter than the buff undercoat?

In the original model they call it the "White/Pinto Locus C cc" but cc is what's masking the colour... pinto or white markings are something else entirely. LOL

So shall I colour "w/White" as white socks, chest and tail tip? And just forget about Pinto?
(White chest, and sock markings will not look a whole lot different than white urajiro)

Hopefully some Shiba breeders can chime in.

lisra
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2015 6:40:37 PM reply with quote send message to lisra Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The first set of pics seem close to correct but need more white on the underside that someone gave a link too. Pinto is not an accepted color pattern in shibas. Heres a link explaining what Urijiro is which is the required white markings. www.shibas.org/newstand/urajiro.html Ill send colors in another post

-----
Last edited by lisra on 5/21/2015 6:42:27 PM
 lisra
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2015 6:49:11 PM reply with quote send message to lisra Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

www.shibas.org/color.html
These are the 3 preferred colors. really dont list red variations they really are one and the same. Might have white socks on the "and white "is all as they all have or should have white anyway. No pinto markings .

-----
Last edited by lisra on 5/21/2015 6:51:10 PM
 lisra
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/21/2015 6:54:47 PM reply with quote send message to lisra Object to Post

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shiba_inu_puppy.jpg And white would only refer to socks as in this shiba puppy.
 Picardy
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/22/2015 12:31:51 PM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post

Thanks!

White markings will be done as socks.

And I'll figure something out for the different varieties of red.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.