Search

.com Forum · Chesapeake Bay Retriever

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Chessie Community Thread
 Guinevere
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/28/2015 8:50:58 PM reply with quote send message to Guinevere Object to Post   

Hey everyone. I am new to the breed but thought it would be great if we could all get a bit more involved as a community so I'm opening up this thread in an attempt to bring us Chessie breeders together. So go ahead and chime in about your accomplishments, post brags, advertise studs and sales, talk about color breeding, post your progress, discuss traits and trait breeding. Let's talk about anything pertaining to the breed really.
 Guinevere
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 11:30:43 AM reply with quote send message to Guinevere Object to Post

I just bred Simply Cracked Ice to Simply Lottery Ticket. Super excited for this breeding since it's my first litter of Chessies.
 Sumac
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 11:51:03 PM reply with quote send message to Sumac Object to Post

Hi!

I was in the breed for quite a while, then left for a bit, and now I'm back and slowly rebuilding. Currently my highest SOP is 90.55, which isn't much but I'm trying to use lots of my old lines. I'm hoping to keep the colours diverse, since when I originally was in the breed, all that was showable was light deadgrass. I brought back browns, etc. from source and using studs in an abandoned colour breeding kennel. I'm currently lacking a sedge and a dark deadgrass dog, but I should be able to get them with the right breeding.
 Guinevere
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2015 4:26:37 AM reply with quote send message to Guinevere Object to Post

It's awesome to hear that you came back and continued with Chessies. I recently came back to showdog after a 4 year break and wanted to try out some new breeds so Chessies were one for me and I love them so far.
 Simply Sporting Ltd
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/30/2015 11:07:25 PM reply with quote send message to Simply Sporting Ltd Object to Post

Welcome! Chessies are a fun breed with so many colours to choose from happy :), it's nice to have a new player and great to see Sumac back!! Good luck with your puppies, see you in the ring.
 Guinevere
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2015 1:58:49 PM reply with quote send message to Guinevere Object to Post

Thanks Simply Sporting!
 Guinevere
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 8:31:31 PM reply with quote send message to Guinevere Object to Post

I got some good Light Deadgrass Chessie pups out Simply Cracked Ice this morning. Highest SOP is 90.75 happy :)
 Forest Chesapeakes
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2017 11:54:50 AM reply with quote send message to Forest Chesapeakes Object to Post

Hello

Is anyone still keeping an eye on this that is breeding or wants to breed chessies?

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.