.com Forum · Pumi

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Pumi Community Forum
 Electric Shock
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/12/2015 11:09:45 AM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post   

Not sure if one of these has been started but I thought we could make one to keep up to date as a group on what has been happening!

I recently got a 81.00 Bitch the other day. Wishing she was a boy but I wont complain! I look forward to seeing what she produces.
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 11:11:04 AM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

Also. I never really session my females because they take so long to session and by the time they MAY achieve their CH, they will be ready for breeding. If we need majors though I have been sessioning some in my other kennel with the colored dogs since I have money to spare there (Miracle League) plus they aren't as high in quality.
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2015 11:12:55 AM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

I'm posting to bump this but I also have a question.

Is anyone sessioning for show? I can try to start sessioning to help build majors. Will we be using handlers?
 CelebrationHounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2015 5:49:11 PM reply with quote send message to CelebrationHounds Object to Post

Mine are hardly sessioned for competition, barely enough not to get dismissed. Will show them but they'll get hammered against anything sessioned above 10's. Sorry.
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2015 6:14:43 PM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

It's ok. I was only sessioning for others to help finish their dogs. I'm not really big on finishing dogs right now but I see some others are building majors and thought I could help out happy :)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2015 7:31:56 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Opps! I didn't realize we had a thread, otherwise I would have started posting a lot sooner haha.

I have been sessioning a few dogs, but I haven't really been showing much. At the moment I've been entering the boy Celebration lent me to start out, along with a 81.90 boy that I bred. Other than that I'm sessioning two bitches (I was very disappointed that they weren't males haha); one 82.15 and one 82.05.

I also just got a 81.95 boy that I'm going to start sessioning as well.
 CelebrationHounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 5:27:30 PM reply with quote send message to CelebrationHounds Object to Post

OK guys I'll knuckle down and get some dogs out in the ring in September, I've got a few pups nice SOPs.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2015 6:01:05 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Look what I got! laugh :D
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14328679

I'm really happy with her, unfortunately she isn't a boy though haha. I think she carries fawn as well, her sire has produced a few colored pups in the past.
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2015 12:17:39 AM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

That's super exciting! We're coming along in SOP. I noticed that pretty much everyone has passed me ( lol ). This is my best dog right now ( of my whites )
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14308953
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2015 8:11:38 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

That girl was pretty much just a fluke though haha, the next highest SOP in my kennel is only 82.15. o.o I've noticed that you can't really ever predict what you're going to get with Pumis, mine at least always seem to pop out randomly. XD I guess it could be because of the color variable?

That's a very nice boy though! laugh :D I look forward to seeing him in the ring. wink ;) The highest I've seen in CelebrationHounds' kennel is another 83.10 boy, the highest in Jakobi's that I know of is a 81.55.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2015 10:03:10 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Yea. I'm excited but super upset that he doesn't have 20 Show Shine because I normally never breed anything less than 20 but he is too nice. I'm hoping soon we can have more stbality in numbers. My greetings are starting to become more stable but I think it's because in some of my dogs the traits are great but in some of my others, those same traits are garbage. And vice versa. Time will tell!
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 10:46:18 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Yeah, I've noticed that SS is a pain nowadays in Pumik. XD (That does bear the question: is the correct plural Pumis or Pumik?)

I actually have yet to see one of these guys in RL, but I'm going to be going out to a show in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to meet a few. laugh :D

My highest at the moment is still that 83.35 girl by quite a long shot, but pups in the 82s are becoming more frequent for me so I'm hoping to start getting a few more in the 83 range. happy :)
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 11:46:39 PM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

I've seen a couple in real life ( I attend real life dog shows every weekend since I'm a handler assistant haha ). The term is Pumik but people say Pumis ( However some breeders get very angry is you say Pumis but its almost like the Miniature American Shepherd people getting mad when people call them Mini Aussies haha ).

Since my last post I've gotten a total of 3 dogs in the 83's including this pretty boy;

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14342445

Im really excited about how far the breed has come!
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 11:48:35 PM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

I also appreciate the limited use of handlers for all judges, it helps get points on dogs. My Electric Shock dogs are doing very well with this ( Not so much my Miracle League dogs but they are lower in quality so that's a given )
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 11:53:24 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Oooo, he's a stunner! laugh :D I can't wait until he's up for stud lol.

Yeah, I've been trying to use as minimal handlers as possible. happy :) Unfortunately I am trying to get points on certain dogs so I have been using one or two to try and channel some points but aside from that I'm trying to avoid it. razz :p
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 11:57:52 PM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That's ok. I have done that a handful of times as well ( Only because I had one dog that kept winning that I DIDNT want to win haha ). I notice others putting handlers on their dogs but they aren't the top ranked handlers? I'm not sure why they do it, sometimes they win with it and sometimes they don't. I'm not in a rush to rank, finish, or do anything special with any of my dogs right now so I'm just enjoying being able to relax with results and entries!

By the way, I hope I'm not offending anyone with the fact that I haven't been outcrossing. I don't think Ive out-crossed at all in my ES dogs. My ML dogs were once out-crossed in only 2 generations to gain colors. I tend to have so many studs that COI is never an issue so I don't HAVE to outcross. It's not because I don't like anyone, just because I'm OCD about having my kennel name in the whole pedigree. ( I' weird like this in all of my breeds ).

-----
Last edited by Electric Shock on 10/7/2015 12:01:25 AM
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 12:09:06 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Haha yeah, Shallow Waters was raking up all the majors every time so I'm trying to occasionally use handlers to divert the points from him. XD

Don't worry, I didn't even realize that lol. I guess it means I'm going to be loosing more money through stud fees then I'll be gaining but it isn't a biggy. happy :)

May I ask who has been putting weaker handlers on?I haven't personally noticed anything. I've been using some subpar ones but that's just because when I entered the dog they weren't sessioned enough to get a good handler and I'm too lazy to check back and assign better ones lol.

We did have a few of the summerkennels/sweetkennels who plagued the site, was it them?
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 7:04:40 PM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

I noticed Celebration Hounds does it. Like Todays results ( Congratulations on the 5point BOB major!). They used a handler that wasn't so high ranked. Was confused. Worked for them on the dog but not the bitch.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 9:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

I just noticed that Shallow Waters is now a Bronze GCH! :O
www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=14177266
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 10:31:25 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Woohoo! Fantastic. Congratulations! laugh :D

- Electric Shock/Miracle League
 Electric Shock
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2015 11:21:25 PM reply with quote send message to Electric Shock Object to Post

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class