.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 46
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Lany
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2015 11:05:47 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

My "main" breed is the Mudi, I currently have 3. I have been really taken in by these quirky dogs! I also have a white shepherd, the first breed I got as an adult.
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 9:45:43 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

posted by S. B. G. Chow Chows
Its all in my name,... they are my past present and will be my future. I currently have 2 retired male Bahamian Champions.

So can your Chows sustain the heat well in the Bahamas? I live in Florida and I worry that my future Chow might have a heat stroke or something, lol.
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 9:50:55 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

posted by chocolateteapot
posted by Pearl City
posted by chocolateteapot
German Shepherds are my heart dogs, close second Australian Cattle dogs (both breeds for both show and work)I also have labradors for fun, and am currently searching high and low for a cocker show pup - good ones being hard to find!
Am. Cocker Spaniel has the most cut throat competition out there. If its worth the while and you have a good laugh, it might just be right for you, scene wise. I prefer Eng. Cocker Spaniel any day.

lol yep - I didn't mean the American version!! lol (I'm in England)

-----
Last edited by chocolateteapot on 2/15/2015 9:36:49 AM

Lol that makes more sense. I know "the cocker spaniel" is the English version in Europe and the American version in America. I personally think Cocker is automatically the English one but I have to remember that I live in the US and not everyone thinks it is.
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2015 11:52:48 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm owned by 2 Cairn terriers. (With a litter on the way!)

Eevee (left) is an almost 3 year old female Canadian Champion. She's my first conformation show dog, and she's the most delightful dog I have ever owned! Her first litter is due in a few short weeks!!

Jekyll (right) is a 7 year old pet. He's a total gentleman. happy :)

Oh yeah and Small Dog Grove, I love your Smooth Fox Terrier! I'd love to own a SFT one day, and a Russel terrier. laugh :D

-----
Last edited by GraceInGlory on 2/16/2015 11:58:07 AM
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 1:42:13 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Sara, who did you breed Evie to?
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 1:46:35 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

GraceInGlory: Oh goodie! You must do a litter announcement on here! I crave for puppy faces and follow the progress of their lives. I remember this thread was fillied with such post and it really was a peak in their lives of breeding. Congratulations on the upcoming litter!
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 4:21:11 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

Haven't started showing yet as I don't have my breeds but I'm thinking of getting into Gordon Setters & Bouvier des Flandres. However, I'm finding out that Gordons aren't popular in my immediate area like the Flat-Coated Retriever. I might start there for experience and preparation for the Gordon.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 4:58:53 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

posted by ambertal
Haven't started showing yet as I don't have my breeds but I'm thinking of getting into Gordon Setters & Bouvier des Flandres. However, I'm finding out that Gordons aren't popular in my immediate area like the Flat-Coated Retriever. I might start there for experience and preparation for the Gordon.
Bouviers are fantastic. Best dogs I've ever owned.
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2015 6:02:28 PM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post

posted by Pearl City
posted by S. B. G. Chow Chows
Its all in my name,... they are my past present and will be my future. I currently have 2 retired male Bahamian Champions.

So can your Chows sustain the heat well in the Bahamas? I live in Florida and I worry that my future Chow might have a heat stroke or something, lol.

It can get pretty hot here however I don't find it that of a major concern. They stay inside and they have their own fans that kept on so they can chill all day. They go outside in the morning and evening to avoid the scorch of the sun, and if they do go outside, they usually stay in the shade and i avoid any strenuous activity. As usual water is kept down 24/7. However, I've notice that coated breeds generally aren't as dense as their cousins further north. However, there are a few that do have really dense coats but seem to manage.
 Rakkaus
Basic User

Basic User
2/17/2015 3:12:29 AM reply with quote send message to Rakkaus Object to Post

I show and soon to breed cardigan welsh corgis.
I also have a black Labrador and a GSD happy :)
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2015 3:30:49 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 9 time(s)

As a child I grew up with Border Collies, and have a soft spot for them.
But throughout my adult years I have been owned by a succession of Keeshonds. I love the temperament of Keesies, very loving and willing to please (when they are not being stubborn about something - *lol*).

Below is my current girl - Keiko

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 2/17/2015 3:44:55 AM

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 2/17/2015 3:46:57 AM
 Zacarati
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2015 5:55:09 PM reply with quote send message to Zacarati Object to Post

In real life I am owned by Skye Terriers, Dalmatians and Toy Manchester Terriers.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/19/2015 5:10:43 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

I like a variety of breeds but my fav is the Cane Corso. I also love the Canary Dog, Rottweiler, Am Staff, and many more.
 Cloudpointe Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/27/2015 4:34:18 PM reply with quote send message to Cloudpointe Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I grew up being in love with German Shepherds with Jimmy Moses as my idol. He is still my idol even though I don't have GSDs. I am an all-breed handler at shows but I co-own 2 Great Danes and my Norwegian Buhund.

This is my Buhund who has lived with me for a little over 2 years.

MBIS MRBIS Silver GCH Jotunn Bella Binna
"Binna"

These are my 2 Great Danes

GCH JustDanes Cash's Little Kitten
"Kitten"

JustDanes Loki Angel of Mischief
"Loki"

-----
Last edited by Cloudpointe Kennels on 2/27/2015 4:42:31 PM
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2017 10:21:30 AM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

I've been networking with breeders and now I'm looking towards Dobermans, but also Irish Setters, Gordon Setters, or German Shorthaired Pointers.
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2017 12:25:03 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

Like on the game, I am an Akita fanatic in real life too
 Studios
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2017 2:24:46 PM reply with quote send message to Studios Object to Post

Used to show Aussies and work for a few handlers. Now that I have a family we actually let all our show dogs live out their life and unfortunately our last guy died last year so its been an empty house. Hoping to get back into showing/breeding when my youngest is around 5. Really want to get into terriers. Worked for a few handlers and always had a fondness for them.
 Studios
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2017 2:26:04 PM reply with quote send message to Studios Object to Post

posted by Astoria Kennel
I spent a lot of time under a dachshund breeder/mentor and finished more dachshunds (mostly wires) than I can count.
I then worked for an all breed handler for 6 years or so and got to handle several other breeds, mostly sporting dogs.

I still have my two dachshunds, one long and one wire, and also have a German Wirehaired Pointer, my breed of choice.

I love my dachshunds to death, but I'm definitely more or a sporting dog person!
I've posted pictures of my dog before but I'd be happy to post again happy :)

Lacey (mini long) and Eli (mini wire) are now 8 and 10!

Callie (GWP) is 2.

Gorgeous pups!! I love German Wire Haired Pointers they were fun to show
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2017 3:42:47 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I have a pointer that I adopted from the shelter at 10 weeks old. (His litter's birthdate was listed and the entire litter was there, so I'm assuming this was an unplanned breeding by a BYB.) I didn't originally plan to adopt a pointer, knowing that they are quite active and that I was living in an apartment at the time, but I kept coming back to him and in the end decided he was the one! It turned out that he was a great match. He loves the outdoors as much as I do and is the perfect running partner (running up to 10 miles with me in the past.)

I currently do obedience with him. Once he earns his Graduate Open title, I think we will call it quits for obedience. I've learned so much about training with him, but I really don't have the attention/focus needed from him to go for the Utility title (i.e. signal exercise!) However, in an effort to find a new activity to do, we are dabbling with agility and also starting to learn about Nosework. I don't know if we will ever compete in agility, as he is 9, but it's always been a sport I've wanted to try, but never could find a class that worked with my work schedule until now. (I work evenings.) Nosework, on the other hand, is something I can see us being able to compete in at some point.

Photography Credits: The McCartneys Dog Photography https://www.themccartneysdogs.com/ (This is a scanned version of one of the print photos I purchased.)

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 8/8/2017 3:52:29 PM
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/8/2017 5:05:41 PM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

That's an English Pointer isn't it? Totally stunned that someone would breed a litter of them and then just dump them all in a shelter!! They are quite rare even over here in their homeland.

Replies in this thread : 46
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing