.com Forum · Gordon Setter

Replies in this thread : 128
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Gordon Setter Updates
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/30/2014 10:42:16 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post   

Figured we could jump on the bandwagon that a few other breeds have done, in keeping up on what each other is doing, and any brags we want to share. (hint hint pooh98!)

I am currently working on getting traits opposite of what we have, eg all coats for studs and bitches have coats above 10, so I am working on coats below 10 .... I originally started doing feet and tn&b, but the others have decided to jump on my plan. I am still showing, but the source breeding is still my goal.

happy :)
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/30/2014 11:18:27 AM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

Thanks wink :) Yes have just bred a dog and his SOP is 93.90 laugh :D
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2014 7:03:40 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Can't wait until he "comes of age" laugh :D
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2014 10:34:13 AM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

thank you, hopefully he will breed some nice pups
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/27/2014 3:41:47 PM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

My High SOP Boy has just produced a 94.25
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 4:58:57 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

That's amazing, congrats!

I'm excited to have source dogs out of my pedigrees next month. lol

I'm getting 93s and 93.1s from my pairings ... Quite a ways to go. laugh :D
 Morpurgo2
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 5:05:48 PM reply with quote send message to Morpurgo2 Object to Post

94.25 is fantastic!!!

I'm some way behind, but fingers crossed for my next lot of litters by Brave Star!

Seen quite a few new players interested in Gordons. Thanks for bigging the breed up on the forums, Treestand.

steffiebaby140
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 9:34:36 AM reply with quote send message to steffiebaby140 Object to Post

I am new to the breed, you might have seen e buying up some puppies happy :)

I am an old player on the game but left for awhile before being lured back. I used to be in Collies, but they are pretty much dead so I wanted a second breed this time around and Gordons were suggested.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 12:12:45 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I just wanted everyone to be able to have the great experience I did .... This breed is why I subscribed. lol

Looking like I just need to FH my lot and buy the higher ones that are for sale. laugh :D
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/28/2014 1:45:10 PM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

Many thanks for your wishes happy :)

As an older player myself (50) !! wondered whee everyone was etc.
Im in the uk and bred/showed gordons for 30 years under the affix i use on here.

I now have Slovakian Rough Haired pointers under my Roughpoint affix, my bitch is soon to be mated here in the uk. As they are a new breed not many folk know of them.

Hope to get to know you all soon

Jenny
 Morpurgo2
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 6:29:50 PM reply with quote send message to Morpurgo2 Object to Post

I am in the uk also, have no dogs but follow the show scene, mainly terriers and most of my kennels on here are terriers.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 9:38:54 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm in the states happy :)

Have two mutt dogs. Having a 2 and a half year old and a three month old, I don't get to go to shows yet. Once little man is older, I'll drop the kids at grandma's and drag my husband along .... Or just go on my own. lol Grew up with two Great Danes. happy :)
 steffiebaby140
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2014 9:36:31 AM reply with quote send message to steffiebaby140 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am in the states, turning 30 in a few weeks here. I used to have a Rough Collie, purebred but he was not show quality but he was the best dog I've ever had. Right now I am without a dog because my apartment charges so much for one, so we're having a baby instead...next best thing happy :)

JK, but the husband and I are expecting our first in February.

-----
Last edited by steffiebaby140 on 8/29/2014 9:37:00 AM
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2014 12:12:57 PM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

congratulations on the non fur babies wink :) nice to meet you all x
 MindSett Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 9:29:37 AM reply with quote send message to MindSett Meadows Object to Post

so happy to return after a summer away with work and see an active forum for our breed!

my sops have dropped compared to everybody else, I have alot of catching up to do, will probably bring in some outside blood to help.

Im in Canada and in RL dogless my fur babies are "puddy tats",won't have a dog in a small apartment. I still follow the show scene a bit. I grew up with a black lab and then had Shelties, nothing good enough to be shown or bred but we competed in Obedience.

Morpurgo2
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 12:55:13 PM reply with quote send message to Morpurgo2 Object to Post

Great to see this forum active!!!

Very pleased with my Brave Star puppies!

Several for sale but this one isn't!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13408701

MindSett Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 6:12:42 PM reply with quote send message to MindSett Meadows Object to Post

posted by Morpurgo2
Very pleased with my Brave Star puppies!

Several for sale but this one isn't!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13408701

Congrats! very handsome boy happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 1:19:43 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Gorgeous! I was excited for my 93.4 girls ... I'll bring up the rear. I'm content back here. laugh :D

Cannot wait for source dogs to be out of my pedigrees for this next round of litters .... In 3-4 weeks. lol

Welcome back Mindsett!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 2:21:46 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'd like to sponsor a show on the 7th of every month (two weeks away from nationals) ... Would you guys be up for entering at least (a combined total) of 10 dogs so the show runs? happy :)
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 10:16:48 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

I'm game for that although I only have one and she's still too young for the 7th, but next month . . .

May be we could all sort of take turns as individual finances permit so that the burden does not always fall on one kennel.

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 10:43:09 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

That's why I brought in Borzois in. laugh :D

I don't mind at all. Just want to make sure we get enough entries. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 128
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.