Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Owner handler showing as 'owner' please
 XiZang
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/28/2014 12:46:17 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post   

This has been discussed before. It would be great if there was an option to select 'owner' as the handler for certain judges. I am constantly having to check the judge preferences when I see 'change handler' on one of my dogs because I can't tell if I haven't assigned a handler yet or if it's an 'owner/handler' judge. If we could select 'owner' that would solve that problem. Seems like it would be easy just to add 'owner' to the list of handlers.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2014 3:34:32 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I can see why this option could be a good thing but also unnecessary.

Good: easier for the players.

Unnecessary: I think it's part of the game play. Breeders/showers should now which judges prefer owner handlers - to make the game that little bit more challenging. I simply just have a list of the judges that prefer owner handlers written next to my computer - and hence I now know them off the top of my head when I'm entering shows

happy :)
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2014 2:47:06 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Well I have a list as well but it would make sense to be able to select 'owner' as the handler.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2014 8:40:17 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I most certainly would appreciate this.

No, it is not essential, but there should be a way to indicate that "owner" is by choice. Yes, in time we learn most of the owner-judges but that is not really the point first of all and with the turnover due to retirments there are always new judges coming in.

It's an efficiency thing - we shouldn't have to check to make sure we haven't just missed one. If we have chosen to self-handle, that should be indicated.

The stategy/challenge is to know to check the judge and decide on the handler, not memorize a particular category of judge.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2014 8:46:26 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I like this idea a lot!

posted by gaylanstudio
It's an efficiency thing - we shouldn't have to check to make sure we haven't just missed one. If we have chosen to self-handle, that should be indicated.
And yes, I've gone back, thinking I had missed one and put a handler for a non-handler before. It's really annoying, but having owner as a choice would make it SO much easier.

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing