Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : cream italian greyhounds
 TianaJohn
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/16/2013 1:49:43 AM reply with quote send message to TianaJohn Object to Post   

could we please add cream to the colours in italian greyyhounds as it is a allowed in FCI standard in real life so we should be able to have it on here
 bubby1000
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2013 1:55:47 AM reply with quote send message to bubby1000 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

i love this colour

-----
Last edited by bubby1000 on 11/16/2013 1:59:05 AM
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2013 2:14:57 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

If I'm not mistaken, SD goes by AKC Standard, not FCI. Cream is not on the AKC Standard.

There's actually quite a few breeds on here that don't have some of their correct colors. There's one breed I've been in whose colors were rather rare IRL that became dominant on here.

Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2013 4:13:46 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Actually, Showdog goes by NO RL standards. It's mostly what the breeders in each individual breed want. Jeff redid the scale of points some years back, and at that time each breed could choose how they wished to be judged. In my breeds, we took ALL major kennel club standards into account in choosing how to weight our standards for judging. Other breeds may well have focused much more heavily on just AKC standards. Same thing happened with colors- some breeds wanted just AKC standard colors, other included other kennel clubs in their decisions, and some chose to add DQ colors even if they really didn't have to due to genetics.

As an aside, I believe that while colors are fairly set in stone, any breed that wants to, and can come to a consensus among it's breeders, is free to revise it's scale of points. You have to be doing it because you believe it is more true to the breed though, NOT to better conform to how current dog's stats are or to gain better judge placements. If the reasons are not based on a vision of the dogs, but rather on game play, Jeff can, and will, deny the change.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.