Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Salary & Sessions
 Amberline
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/15/2013 4:15:28 AM reply with quote send message to Amberline Object to Post   

I really miss the page we used to have on the old format which gave the salary and the session cost for the previous 14 days.
Is there any way of putting it onto the new format?
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2013 1:42:45 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

agreed. I found this page a key to budget strategy, not having it really hurts the game.
 Wicken
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2013 2:47:07 AM reply with quote send message to Wicken Object to Post

We have a quick SOP link even though the SOPs show on the main page against each dog but no Salary/Sessions page when the information is not available at all if you either don't take a salary or don't sell sessions. It doesn't make sense and makes it very difficult to budget.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/17/2013 10:20:22 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

Alas, this has been my primary complaint with the new design from day one. We, the users who have been on for several years, spent a number of those years asking that this and that be added, and this and that be moved to whereever, basically getting the pages arranged in a form that worked for us. Now things are still missing entirely, are awkward to get at (bulk feeder) and displaced for no apparent reason - just my opinion.

But, I'm hopeful we will soon get some of these issues addressed.

On the plus side, we have seen some improvements - kennel links, and added info in the list of all dogs.
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2013 3:21:33 PM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It does the last five days for sessions at the bottom of the session page and you could always check your balance to see what the salary has been.

Jamie

-----
Last edited by Jumping Jacks of Glory on 12/17/2013 3:21:53 PM
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2013 10:29:32 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

we used to get 2 weeks, which was a lot more data to work with, and thus more helpful. And when you're on 12 sessions, no salary, you CAN'T check salary from your balance, because you're not getting any.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/18/2013 1:41:59 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I usually keep one kennel on salary as a reference. It was $55 today. It was $103 on the 16th.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio9 on 12/18/2013 1:43:07 PM
 Selma Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2013 5:05:38 PM reply with quote send message to Selma Kennel Object to Post

Honestly, how do you use this to budget anyway? I always keep mine at 12 sessions so if I have extra I just sell them. You normally get more anyway.
Mack
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2013 6:17:42 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

You normally get more, but not always. Sometimes, when salary is up, you make more by going on salary and buying the sessions you need instead. If you watch the salary trends, you can generally have a good idea of when to use salary, and when to sell sessions.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/19/2013 1:07:29 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Exactly, Lilliput!

Over the past 14 days salary has averaged $76.63. Today was $54 so I suspect it will drop down to the minimum $45 in a day or two. It goes through cycles - don't know exactly why but it does. Anyway, looks like time to flip everyone (but one) to sessions again (lol).

I've been doing this for years actually. The problem is, if everyone jumps to salary, it seems there are no sessions available when you need them (lol). So, I now keep this my own little secret (lol).
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 2:21:06 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

If everyone jumps on salary and there is a session shortage, session prices go up- which is good news too! happy :)
 Selma Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2013 5:06:05 PM reply with quote send message to Selma Kennel Object to Post

Ah okay! That makes sense. Thanks!
Mack

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.