Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Starters - As many as we want?
 Euphorias
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/26/2013 6:26:20 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post   

So why can't we just purchase as many starters as we want directly from the game?

Very few people actually have uses for them and I don't think this would hurt the game or any one.

It is VERY hard to buy starters from other kennels when I need enough for 3-4 source projects.

I am sure other source and color breeders would agree on this completely!
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2013 7:32:40 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

I'm 50/50 on this.

On one hand, this would be a huge benefit for source and color breeders.

On the other hand, that's a great way for basics to make some money to get their kennels started.

Because I'm a color breeder, I'm inclined to agree...

I think that the limit should be like monthly or weekly or whatever. Like, max of 15 starters per month, maybe?
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2013 11:49:36 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

How would basics make money? We would ALL have access to buy as many as we want directly from the game so we wouldn't buy them from another kennel.

Also it should be a premium only feature as premiums are the only ones who can have more then 5 dogs any ways.
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2013 12:02:13 AM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

One of the main ways for basics to get money *now* is by selling starters. Basics would lose this if this feature was introduced.

But, as a color breeder, I'm strongly leaning toward yes.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2013 12:07:32 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

I see what your saying.
 Wanderlust Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2013 12:26:56 PM reply with quote send message to Wanderlust Kennel Object to Post

I'm source breeding in two kennels (not this one), and I would love the chance to buy more starters. It can be very difficult to find kennels with starters to sell, especially if you're looking to do more than one project... Maybe even limit it to five extra dogs a month to encourage us to look for dogs from basics but not to discourage people from starting source programs.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2013 4:05:06 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

There are a lot of valid thoughts on this and it is closely related to another thread somewhere about being able to create specific colours.

To me 15 a month seems a bit excessive although if you are looking for a specific colour, that may not be out of line.

Perhaps the answer is a compromise of some sort. Just a suggestion, but perhaps something like 2 starters of specific colour, or 5 starters of "luck of the draw" colour per month per premium kennel at a cost of $500 - $100(x5) for each random colour, and $250(x2) for each specific colour. Numbers and costs are totally negotiable and these are just as examples.

Monies paid for these could go into the salary pool or beefed up national specialty prizes for all breeds or some combination.

(By the way, I have a few starters available somewhere if someone wants ($100 each) - I make'em, you take'em, no rejecting if they are not right colour (lol).)

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio9 on 10/27/2013 4:14:00 PM
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2013 6:35:27 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

I don't mind some sort of limit even if its like 6 a month. Just as long as we have more access to them vs only the first 4/6 (which most use up with out knowing what there for) and we don't have to hunt them down form other kennels.
 Winterhaven Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2013 2:32:02 PM reply with quote send message to Winterhaven Kennels Object to Post

Jeff sent me a msg saying he would look into options on this...so hopefully we get something going!

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.