.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : 7/6 Update #2 - Dog Purchase Limits for Basic Users
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
7/6/2013 11:15:38 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

Basic users are now blocked from buying more dogs once they are over the 5 dog limit.
 tiny jewel
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2013 11:02:28 AM reply with quote send message to tiny jewel Object to Post

I think that is unfair because I am a basic use and now I have to pay to get full extent on this game and if u not sigh up to have to pay because I thought it was free but it turns out you have to pay for everything which I find annoying and upsetting
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2013 1:12:01 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

There's nothing unfair about it. The rules have always been that basic users are limited to 5 dogs. All this is going to do is enforce that rule by physically not allowing more dogs above the 5 dog limit to be purchased just like how the game physically keeps standard users who are over their 30 dog limit from being able to enter shows and breed.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2013 1:25:25 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by tiny jewel
I think that is unfair because I am a basic use and now I have to pay to get full extent on this game and if u not sigh up to have to pay because I thought it was free but it turns out you have to pay for everything which I find annoying and upsetting
Like said above, it's always been a rule. Before this new feature, you could buy over 5 dogs but they'd be taken away from you.

tiny jewel
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2013 11:20:48 AM reply with quote send message to tiny jewel Object to Post

But you can say all that because you all have premium accounts so you can do every thing which I find I unfair because I don't want keep having to pay my way for a game online
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2013 11:43:33 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

So don't and enjoy the game for free? But you can't complain if you don't want to pay...
 Canyon View Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2013 12:07:06 PM reply with quote send message to Canyon View Kennels Object to Post

Tiny Jewel, that's the hook several games use to get you to spend more money. There are more advantages to be a premium over basic, and Show Dog isn't the only game site that does it. Horseland is a good example. It still can be played on a basic level and continue to be fun. Here you're mainly missing out on the breeding aspect and miss out on some perks that premiums have, but it still can be fun. If you choose to spend money, that is an option to give you more to do. Sounds like another topic, but I digress. It's how the world works. You go to a concert, you might pay a small amount (or free) to sit far away. You want to spend more to sit closer and interact and "be a part" of the concert, you'll pay a lot. (Best comparison I can think of at the time.happy :) )Point being, the concert can still be experienced and enjoyed in the cheap seats. I hope you stick around and enjoy the game.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2013 12:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Canyon View Kennels
Tiny Jewel, that's the hook several games use to get you to spend more money. There are more advantages to be a premium over basic, and Show Dog isn't the only game site that does it. Horseland is a good example. It still can be played on a basic level and continue to be fun. Here you're mainly missing out on the breeding aspect and miss out on some perks that premiums have, but it still can be fun. If you choose to spend money, that is an option to give you more to do. Sounds like another topic, but I digress. It's how the world works. You go to a concert, you might pay a small amount (or free) to sit far away. You want to spend more to sit closer and interact and "be a part" of the concert, you'll pay a lot. (Best comparison I can think of at the time.happy :) )Point being, the concert can still be experienced and enjoyed in the cheap seats. I hope you stick around and enjoy the game.
Very true.

I was once a basic too, I wanted to perks like you do, so I subscribed.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2013 7:32:45 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

To change the direction somewhat - it has been mentioned elsewhere that perhaps basics could be allowed to hold more dogs (10 ?).

What say you Admin? Is this possible/likely?

(You might need to boost their salary so they can maintain and show a larger string.)
 Skylaos
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2013 10:11:17 PM reply with quote send message to Skylaos Object to Post

I'm a basic who has subscribed twice before but then went back to basic. I find the price/limitations/etc are totally fair. Sometimes I wish I could get a breeding every now and then but these rules have been around for years. I subscribe on ShowCats instead of here now. For most of the years I've been playing I have been a basic. I still find it very enjoyable. Sometimes you can find a helpful kennel that will sell you a great dog that you can champ and that is so much fun even if you can only own five. Sell those Champs to kennels that can use the dog to better the breed.
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/12/2013 7:45:00 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

When I started out 10 years ago, I played as a basic for several years and by careful strategy became #1 in my breed before I ever started paying for the game. I formed friendships with other players and they let me purchase good dogs. I only kept the best in my kennel and rarely had more than 3 dogs. It can be done.

I think the new rule is good because it keeps basics from purchasing a good dog when they are over their quota and when the troller comes along and takes dogs away to get them down to the legal limit, the good dog is not wasted.
 Underground Inc
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2013 8:25:34 PM reply with quote send message to Underground Inc Object to Post

I love my basic kennel. I keep only 1-2 dogs in it and train them in obedience. I always switch breeds when they get their UD and feel the basics really help by buying dogs. Kind of like real life pet homes.....without some basics in the game a lot more puppies get forever homed.
I just wish basics could not get beginner dogs to breed. They should start out with just. Oney and have to go to a breeder. That might really boost the economy of the game.
 Underground Inc
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2013 8:26:31 PM reply with quote send message to Underground Inc Object to Post

Er...they should start out with MONEY, not Oney...sorry.

Replies in this thread : 12

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.