Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Lost Siberian Husky in Edmonton, AB
 GraStarTerriers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/17/2004 4:35:47 PM reply with quote send message to GraStarTerriers Object to Post   

Hi all,

I need some assistance..

Late Thursday night (October 14) while I was at work, my Siberian, Summer, chased the nuisance neighborhood feline out our back screen door and cleared our fence in pursuit.
My boyfriend and roommate chased her for about 1/2 an hour before losing her a few blocks away as she ran across a neighbourhood park.

We're located in the High Park area of Edmonton (West End, 109 Ave and 153 Street) and we believe she may still be in the area.

Animal control, every vet clinic in the city, grooming shops, etc have all been notified and so far the only piece of good news we have is that neither animal control nor the City PD has picked up a dead dog from a roadway.. not very uplifting, but we're grasping at straws to get our girl back.

She's a medium sized registered Siberian Husky, grey and white with blue eyes. She was wearing 2 collars when she disappeared, a brown flat leather collar and a choke chain collar. She also has a breeder's tattoo in her right ear which is very clear and easy to read. I'll obviously withhold the combination, but it is there.

She's only a recent resident of Edmonton, as we just brought her here to live permanently on Thanksgiving Day, so she will likely be skittish, disoriented, but is normally very friendly and easy to approach.

I certainly can't afford much, but I will offer a reward for her safe return.

If anyone has any information, please contact me through game mail or email at peace_247@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone!

Bridgit
 ButchenKennals
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2004 4:39:02 PM reply with quote send message to ButchenKennals Object to Post

that is so sad, best of luck. you might want to try an animal communicator. or a search/tracking dog. do u have other dogs? bring them to the last place you saw her and let them run around. maybe she'll c them and come back. best of luck, hope i could be some help.
 CanadianColours
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2004 6:41:38 PM reply with quote send message to CanadianColours Object to Post

My heart goes out to you. I have 2 sibes and also live in Edmonton. Unfortunately, in the North East. Have you notified any of the dog clubs? I am just trying to think of the best way to get the word out. I think the sibes can travel far and fast so will be on the lookout for her. Best of luck.
 CanadianColours
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2004 7:56:10 PM reply with quote send message to CanadianColours Object to Post

I have just posted a notice for you on the Northern Alberta Canine Association's forum on Yahoo. Hope it helps.
 GraStarTerriers
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2004 10:24:02 PM reply with quote send message to GraStarTerriers Object to Post

I don't have any other dogs here in Edmonton, at the moment, and just to give you an idea of how desperate I am to find my girl, I've already contacted a friend of ours who we adopted a rescue Sibe to about 4 years ago who makes a living in Animal Therapy/communication for some insight into Summer's whereabouts.

I'm getting some great ideas on who to contact though.

Thanks Canadian for crossposting the notice!
 Spazoid13
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2004 10:47:48 PM reply with quote send message to Spazoid13 Object to Post

I am so sorry to hear about your dog going missing my mom has a sibe and she is greased lightning, I will pray for her safe return
 GraStarTerriers
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2004 12:01:44 AM reply with quote send message to GraStarTerriers Object to Post

Just wanted to report that Summer is happy, healthy and home after being
missing since late Thursday night!

After almost 5 days on the run, a tip from Animal Control on her whereabouts
and a talk with my VERY understanding Area Manager, I took an hour off work
and within 20 minutes, found my girl.

Apparently, she was car shopping and rabbit hunting, as we discovered her in
the Acura car lot, right next to the Pontiac car lot, across from a GM car
lot, off Stony Plain Rd. about a block from the mangled carcus of a
not-so-lucky jack rabbit. Umm.. I guess getting a bunny for my boyfriend's
kids is out, huh? wink ;)

Anyway, we're so incredibly relieved.. she's happily lounging on the couch,
after eating half my chicken from supper, watching cartoons, and I know
everyone will be able to sleep well tonight!

Thanks to all that crossposted my former post.. I know there were a lot of
prayers going out for her, someone was definitely watching out for my little
girl!

A very relieved Sibe owner,

Bridgit
 CanadianColours
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2004 10:21:58 AM reply with quote send message to CanadianColours Object to Post

Congratulations. Glad to hear that your Summer is home!
 Spazoid13
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2004 4:57:32 PM reply with quote send message to Spazoid13 Object to Post

glad to hear your puppy is home congrats
 GraStarTerriers
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2004 12:56:25 PM reply with quote send message to GraStarTerriers Object to Post

Totally slipped my mind to post this.. here's a pic I took of Summer her first night BACK HOME!

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.