Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Attn RL Akita or Elkhound Breeders
 GraStarTerriers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/26/2004 11:02:19 AM reply with quote send message to GraStarTerriers Object to Post   

I'm interested in buying a show quality Norwegian Elkhound or Akita puppy for my boyfriend in the next year.

I currently have one Siberian Husky female, and am located in Edmonton, Alberta.

Right now I'm just interested in getting in touch with a few breeders (preferably in my area, or at least in Western Canada.) as I personally have limited experience with Akitas (I've handled a few.. I finished one, but I've never owned one) and no experience whatsoever with Elkhounds.

Please feel free to message me personally! happy :)
 May Bell Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/24/2005 9:41:18 PM reply with quote send message to May Bell Kennel Object to Post

There are MILLIONS of perfectly good dogs that get put down in shelter EVERY DAY! Why don't you go rescue one of them? Unles, of course, you are getting a dog for show.
 eenil
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2005 11:36:05 PM reply with quote send message to eenil Object to Post

i agree shelters are a great place to get a dog from. you get a new playmate and you also just saved their life.
 Without Remorse Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2005 11:37:10 PM reply with quote send message to Without Remorse Kennels Object to Post

Well, since she is looking for a "show Quality" dog, they are more then likely going to show it.
 May Bell Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2005 11:35:52 AM reply with quote send message to May Bell Kennel Object to Post

Yeah, your right; I have to use my common sense (I'm pretty stupid. he he.)
 eenil
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2005 3:20:37 PM reply with quote send message to eenil Object to Post

i don't think i have Common Sense!!! lol lol lol
 KLADCkrs
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2005 11:26:04 AM reply with quote send message to KLADCkrs Object to Post

GraStar, I can't even really think of some great Elkhound breeders in Alberta, although there probably are some. Are you familiar with the handlers on the dog show scene in Alberta at all? There is a beautiful Elkhound being shown named Beamer . . . he is one of the Top 10 hounds for 2004 right now. For the life of me I can't remember his handler's name right now (d'oh!), but that might be a good place to start happy :)

There are more Akita breeders around, and some really good ones. Just be careful who you deal with - there are two less than reputable breeders in Alberta that I can think of right now. I won't name them publicly, but you're welcome to contact me privately if you want more information.

Good luck!

Kelly happy :)
 inovationDanies
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2005 1:12:19 PM reply with quote send message to inovationDanies Object to Post

Klad, i'm sure your talking about Glen White as I always see him with Beamer.

When I bought my Shar-pei, her breeder told me that Glen could take a cat in the ring & still win LOL
 KLADCkrs
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2005 4:51:14 PM reply with quote send message to KLADCkrs Object to Post

Yep, it's Glenn Whyte I'm thinkingof, thanks!

I don't find he wins a TON with the dogs he shows . . . not more than some of the other handlers. I would laugh my butt off to see him with a cat though laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.