Search

.com Forum · Samoyed

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : I'd love to join the breed!
 Blue Haze
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/14/2009 3:17:57 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Haze Object to Post   

Hello,

I am currently looking for a new breed and I've been thinking about Sammies for a long time. I would like someone to kindly answer the questions I have first though:

1)What's the top SOP at the moment?

2)What kind of SOPs are finishable?

Thank you. Also, could anyone please sell me a good quality Sammie around 10 days old, which I can session and show? Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. happy :)

Anna <333
 Blue Haze
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2009 3:18:14 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Haze Object to Post

Pomp. happy :)

Anna <333
 Blue Haze
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2009 12:56:18 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Haze Object to Post

Can anyone help me at all please? happy :)

Anna <333
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/18/2009 12:28:41 AM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

I've been is Sammies since 2005. But I'm working on my own source line right now, so none of mine are ready to enter the show ring yet. If you want to start out with some low generation (14) around the 86% SOP I can probably help you out there. I think you can catch up to the current generation pretty quickly if you breed to the current dogs.

If you don't want to go that route, there are a few good breeders that can sell you some nice dogs. Try Hi-fi, XOXO, or Saddleback Mountains. They have been around a long time, so I would try them first.

As for the current SOP, I think it is around 96%-97%.

WishMaker
 Palacio
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2009 2:51:08 PM reply with quote send message to Palacio Object to Post

I have a 97.7 dog, and this kennel is just a basic. I know some other kennels have as high as 97.9, maybe better than that.
 Blue Haze
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2009 2:06:10 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Haze Object to Post

Thank you. happy :)

I don't plan to source breed unfortunately. I just don't have the time nor the money for it. Sorry. I've got one dog from XOXO and am currently sessioning it. I hope she will finish. happy :)

Anna <333

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.