Search

.com Forum · Toy Fox Terrier

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Slow Show Season?
 Diamond Sky Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/17/2010 7:07:33 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Sky Kennels Object to Post   

I thought I would finish a TFT, thinking that I would help out the breed. So, I sessioned this dog and waited until I could enter him in a show. That day finally came. I looked at the results, and he had won Best in Breed. I was so excited, so I looked to see how many points he had won... the grand total was 0. There hadn't been a single TFT in the show. I've been noticing this over the days. So... I decided to check the Current Top Dogs to see who was showing... and to my surprise, I found that my dog was one of two current showing dogs.

In my Field Spaniel kennel, I just fill the show with a bunch of my unsessioned, unshowable dogs so that my dogs can champion. I occasionally did that when I bred BCs in this kennel. I thought it would be the same everywhere. I guess not?

Is it simply a slow show season right now (due to lack of breeders or showable dogs or the like), or is it something else? Views on this?

Ali
 Diamond Sky Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2010 4:02:09 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Sky Kennels Object to Post

put in my posts
 cheralynn
Basic User

Basic User
1/20/2010 9:15:43 AM reply with quote send message to cheralynn Object to Post

Hi Ali,
It has been painfully slow since Calix and Lilstar left. I think Lilstar is now back, so I hope things will pick up.
I am a culprit of just breeding and not showing. I usually only pick a few to session and show, and since there hasn't been much competition lately, I just gave up.
I have been focusing on breeding decent SOPs of each color, but haven't been able to finish anything other than white and tans.
This breed used to be such fun, and everyone was so nice to each other. Lately I have been bored, so I have been playing Farmville. sad :(

Maybe we can all get together and start up some good shows again!?!

Take care,
Cher
 Deltyra
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/23/2010 4:15:27 PM reply with quote send message to Deltyra Object to Post

Aaah this is a little depressing xD I think I'm going to be rejoining the game, though, so I will try to contribute happy :)
 cheralynn
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2010 8:26:50 AM reply with quote send message to cheralynn Object to Post

Great! I think we just need a few of us and we can really make it fun. I will do my best, and if I slack, just yell at me! happy :)

Thanks!
Cher
 Diamond Sky Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2010 6:50:10 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Sky Kennels Object to Post

It has been painfully slow since Calix and Lilstar left.
That's definitely going to hurt the breed. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm considering upgrading to a family account in my premie kennel.... maybe I'll join TFTs. It's just so sad to see three dogs on the current top dogs list... Good luck everyone!

Ali

edited because.... I can't spell... wink ;)
 cheralynn
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2010 7:52:47 PM reply with quote send message to cheralynn Object to Post

Hi Ali,
We would love to have you.
If anyone needs something to help them get started, I would be happy to help... I sometimes have to FH nice pups, but have been really lucky lately to be selling ALOT... way more than I have for while. It's been really nice! LOL
Cher
 Wilde
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2010 1:32:24 AM reply with quote send message to Wilde Object to Post

I'm another who is prone to breeding rather than showing— I'm really picky about what I show since sessioning costs money. But the show scene for this breed is way too dead, so I've finally caved and started sessioning a couple of my latest pups. Give it a few weeks and there'll be two more in the ring. happy :)

-Hannah
 lilstar
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2010 7:21:32 PM reply with quote send message to lilstar Object to Post

I am kind of back...when I have time which is not too often. Work full time as a pet stylist and am constantly busy, so will try to get on more often.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.