Search

.com Forum · Polish Lowland Sheepdog

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : More PON's in the show ring?
 Genesis Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/15/2010 2:21:02 PM reply with quote send message to Genesis Kennels Object to Post   

I went to enter my dogs in some shows,and there really aren't any dogs to compete against. If more people entered shows maybe more people would join the breed. Would anyone be willing to session up their dogs and enter a few shows?
-Madison
 Sabra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2010 10:11:48 PM reply with quote send message to Sabra Kennels Object to Post

Hi Madison I don't Get my pons out every day as no competition and just have to wait til I have enough sessioned to make it worth my time and money. My kennel is Crown Ridge for the show dogs and Belle T erre for the colors. If you email the show kennel I will try to put some dogs Ina show when you are. We need breeders who show more for sure
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 10:06:15 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

We have a real vicious circle going that can't really be fixed till we have more players - although I did just have one girl finish which was nice!

I do have a few coming up through the ranks too
 Genesis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 2:26:45 PM reply with quote send message to Genesis Kennels Object to Post

Sabra-Well,I've been entering shows for a bit now,just to get some dogs in the ring,but they're not fully sessionedrazz :pNot what I'm used to doing,but at least there's some dogs to compete againstwink ;)
I'll make sure to PM you @ Crown Ridge with some names of shows to enterhappy :)

Kliazma-Yeah,that girl seemed to finish fairly quickly,congratslaugh :D I'm trying to spread the word about PON's as much as possible so there can be more breeders. People seem to be really interested in the color breeding aspect of them and I think that since there's already people working together to get the certain rare colors up,those rare colors will probably end up being all up to show quality and there should be more traffic in the show ringhappy :)

If anyone wants to go ahead and second PON's in any of the 'Breed Suggestion' posts,here's some links...
www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=206916
www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=207004
-Madison
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2010 4:47:31 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

yeah thats what I thought too! I have some 93's with different colours and my highest SOP at all is 94.something - so they're not actually too far behind, breeding some of the colours is bound to give even more colours

I think we're really lucky to have soooo many colours going for us! It's just a mammoth mission to bring them all back! haha
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2010 4:49:35 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

Oh and thanks laugh :D I actually just realised again that that girl in particular is white/black/tan too and is a 94!
 Rhoslyn Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2010 9:53:18 AM reply with quote send message to Rhoslyn Kennels Object to Post

I am doing a Homebred in every breed here and found it difficult to finish my dog due to lack of entries. He finished eventually, didnt think he would, so I know how hard it is for you guys. I have moved on from PONs but good luck with getting more people showing happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing