Search

.com Forum · Norwegian Elkhound

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Elkie breaders, please read :)
 Enchanted Nights
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/27/2011 4:25:00 PM reply with quote send message to Enchanted Nights Object to Post   

So I was considering adding an Elkhound girl to my kennel, partly to help out a rare breed and partly because I really like them. However, I'm concerned about the lack of studs and dogs for sale. As of when I checked, there's only two boys for up for stud at a pretty expensive price (I'm by no means saying they should be lowered, I just don't know if I can afford adding an expensive breed into my kennel that most likely won't sell when I actually breed the pupshappy :)) and there are no dogs for sale.

I'm also concerned about inbreeding... So basically, I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has Elkhounds and would be willing to share studs if I bought a girl? I understand if you want to keep your stock to yourself, but I really would like to help add some new bloodlines in for you guys. Plus, having a few more litters might help increase the show competition!

Thanks for your time! happy :)
 ShowcaseElkhounds
Basic User

Basic User
12/4/2011 5:10:07 PM reply with quote send message to ShowcaseElkhounds Object to Post

Hey, just came across your post. Ive been working on bringing back some of the Grey Black and Silver color as well as new blood from source. The numbers aren't too pretty and I often FH pups I don't need and breeders when Im done with them, but Im more than happy to sell them on and put the studs up if wanted.
 Enchanted Nights
Basic User

Basic User
12/7/2011 5:44:26 PM reply with quote send message to Enchanted Nights Object to Post

Thanks. I may just try showing one in my basic later on before I actually try to breed any, just to make sure I like them.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.