Search

.com Forum · Neapolitan Mastiff

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Training?
 Secret Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/10/2012 11:01:06 PM reply with quote send message to Secret Kennels Object to Post   

So I've just been wondering about this for a while. Are all Neo's impossible to train completely. I mean I know it's not "impossible", but is it worth the sessions? I've been sessioning some of my dogs for more than two weeks, and they're still at 19, right where they started. Basically, they haven't improved at all in two weeks. Is this how all dogs from this breed are?

Thanks, happy :)
Liz- Secret Kennels
 Existenz Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2012 11:42:54 AM reply with quote send message to Existenz Kennels Object to Post

It takes forever to fully session these dogs! I generally just start showing once they reach 18 in obedience and see how they do. Neither of my best studs had 20 obedience when they got their GCH. If it's a dog who I think is only marginally showable I might wait.
 Secret Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2012 4:51:42 PM reply with quote send message to Secret Kennels Object to Post

Okay, thanks. I've just been showing them when they get around 18-19.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.