Search

.com Forum · Samoyed

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Is neutering really necessary if not planning to breed?
 eg97511
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/7/2012 7:01:07 PM reply with quote send message to eg97511 Object to Post   

Hello, I have a gorgeous 14 month old samoyed male. His name is Kevin and I can't decide wether to neuter him or not. I got him from Midnight Sun Samoyeds in San Diego and have a contract to neuter him by 18 months. His AKC registration is also limited. I'm just concerned that it will change his personality and that his coat will change. I think his hormones are getting him a little. He's humping legs and when he sees another doggie he gets awfully excited. The humping isn't excessive.

Any feedback would be very appreciated.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2012 9:56:21 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Sounds like a good time to neuter before the hormones set in anymore to make the behaviors set in his brain even after neutered. Nothing like male dog hormone brain. I badly was supposed to get a boy last dog (too many girl PWCorgis, and girls fight), but couldn't stand the thought of hormone brain.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2012 10:07:43 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

And your contract requires it. You could potentially get sued or lose the dog if you don't.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.