Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Can no longer buy dogs with new layout?
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/26/2013 2:23:08 PM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post   

Can anybody help me out here? Either it's no longer possible, or I'm just blonde enough that I'm missing it.

Using the new layout, I can no longer purchase a dog that has a 'yes' under the auto buy. I have to make an offer always? I don't quite understand.

Also, I logged into this account using the old.showdog.com and it was the old version until I came to the dogs for sale page, then it switched to the new version. Even as I type this, it's showing the new layout, even though I logged in using the old version we were offered.

How can I buy a dog right away using the new layout?
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 8:54:18 AM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post

Is nobody else having this problem??
 westray
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 10:25:48 AM reply with quote send message to westray Object to Post

I've noticed this as well and don't like it. What was wrong with the old format?

Westray
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 10:42:57 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Yes. and if I try to do it with the old layout it switches to the new layout
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 11:35:03 AM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post

I've already missed out on buying several dogs in both this account and other accounts. It's quite frustrating, especially when you are dealing with breeds that don't have a lot of breeders any ways, you have to snatch them up quickly or lose them.

I want to be able to buy a dog immediately when the auto buy is on like we could before.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/27/2013 11:56:12 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Try now and let me know if the process is okay.

Should we add the ability to actually buy from the dogs for sale page?
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 12:38:14 PM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post

Muchos better! I wonder if it may be beneficial to have a 'mid-stop' after pressing the Buy It Now asking if they are sure they want to purchase the dog, like in the old format? Somebody may accidentally click the button and not mean to and then they have a new dog in their kennel.

But yes, having the buy it now is awesome! Thank you for fixing so quickly.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 12:58:48 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by admin

Should we add the ability to actually buy from the dogs for sale page?

I'd say no...I mean I wouldn't use it because I actually look at the dog and see if I would want to purchase it. Idk, it'd just be an add on. Some might use it.
 Vintage Rhino
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2013 2:08:25 PM reply with quote send message to Vintage Rhino Object to Post

I wouldn't use it either. I am always trying to compare traits from one dog to another before buying it.

It would probably be more of a newbie thing, or people who are looking at sop numbers only.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.