Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : SOURCE BREEDING FOR OVER 7 YEARS
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/25/2013 12:58:04 AM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post   

I'm not as far as Wishmaker, as I have Welsh Springers.

I'm at Generation 71 now and this is my best, so far.

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=12440957

Pure source breeding. No mixing of any other levels.

I'm glad to see there are other crazies like me...LOL
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2013 3:29:50 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

Congrats happy :) We'll get there eventually.

WishMaker
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/6/2013 1:59:25 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

There are so few WSS breeders I'm contemplating sessioning some starters to get majors...LOL

Not really, but it's a thought.
Carol
 Blade Blue
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2013 10:34:00 AM reply with quote send message to Blade Blue Object to Post

I envy your determination!

I don't have the patience to source breed completely from scratch the whole way. I just started a Blue Staffy source breeding project recently and I'm trying to take it slowly and not keep a lot of dogs.

I attempted source breeding Neo Mastiffs a couple of years ago and went gung ho. My SD bank account ran out about the same time my patience did. Ugh! I learned a lot from that experience though.

Way to stick with it!! That is awesome!
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/28/2013 10:38:34 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

I'm at generation 75 now and this boy has a sister with similar traits.
The 4 blues across the top floored me!!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12777102

I show a few in this kennel and I have another kennel with American Cockers so I get my breed to show fix there, mostly.

Carol
 Ordo
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2013 4:19:03 PM reply with quote send message to Ordo Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wow... this suddenly seems a whole lot more daunting than I thought it* would be.

-----
Last edited by Ordo on 11/29/2013 4:28:08 PM
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2013 12:06:30 AM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

Its taken 7 years to get to 71.0 SOP?! Wow that's a lot of determination, congrats!

Jamie
 Jumping Jacks of Glory
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2013 12:06:40 AM reply with quote send message to Jumping Jacks of Glory Object to Post

Its taken 7 years to get to 71.0 SOP?! Wow that's a lot of determination, congrats!

Jamie
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2013 10:12:19 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

Holy ****!!!! Seven Years? I figured it would take a long time, but I was thinking like 2 years max lol. I have two source projects going now and hope I can make it for the long haul.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2013 12:17:29 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

*eyes bug out*

Good grief! I would never have that much patience. I have source projects, but I've bred to higher SOP...so I "cheat" in a way.

But, congrats to you!

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.