Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : As I am using the NEW showdog...
 Euphorias
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/22/2013 9:26:06 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post   

I love a lot of things but there are a few things that are bothering me right now.

1: When using the FH option on the main kennel page (which I think is a great idea) I don't like the fact that after FH a puppy it takes me to the top of the page, then I have to scroll down again & find the litter I was looking at. And its then hard to see where I was at, and this leads to

2: Its hard to tell apart the SEPARATE litters/Kennel runs, Is there a way for maybe there to be a white neutral space between the different kennel runs? And how about a slightly lighter green for the top dark banner line above puppy runs?

I feel like everything just runs together and it makes it hard to use, for me. Dose any one else feel the same way?
 WR Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2013 5:51:07 PM reply with quote send message to WR Kennel Object to Post

I'm using it for the first time, I must say I'm am not impressed at all. Very hard to read, hard to use for anything you want to do... It just screams nonuser friendly to me.

Yes I've had my kennel for a long time, but just recently came back to this game in just this one account to try to get back into it, so I can't say I was completely used to the old way as I was still getting the hang of being back, but this new one is making that even harder for me. Took me a good full 2 minutes to figure out how to find my dogs!

A pity I just started breeding again, haven't even had a chance to show my first new homebreds and already I don't see me staying in this game much longer... If this type of change goes to showhorse.com making it just as hard to use I guess I may be leaving all of Jeff's sites...
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/25/2013 5:59:17 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Euphorias, regarding #2, how does it look now? Does it need more separation than that?
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/25/2013 6:05:19 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

WR Kennel, yes, the changes will be coming to Showhorse. The process has been a long but absolutely necessary one. We've kept users on all of the sites in the loop during the entire process from the initial stages.

We know people will leave, it's just a fact of life with any layout change. The outdated layouts of the sites have been the #1 thing mentioned in surveys of new visitors to the sites for nearly 3 years now. I've drug my feet a lot longer than I should have but it's time to update the look of the sites.

All I can do is ask you to give it a chance but if you aren't going to, I understand. Thanks for taking part for as long as you did.
 Eclipz
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2013 8:26:38 PM reply with quote send message to Eclipz Object to Post

The one thing as far as the "ease of looking" at the "view dog pages", that I really have a hard time with is that the fonts are all the same across the row from the dog's name, breed, age, color, etc.

I wish there was a way you could make the fonts a little different for the Dog's name and then the other info, even a size change or something. I do find it hard on my eyes to differentiate between all the info.

That being said, if others all like it and it's what works I will live with it and get used to it I'm sure. But it does seem to make my eyes go crossed a little...lol.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2013 12:40:39 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

posted by admin
Euphorias, regarding #2, how does it look now? Does it need more separation than that?
Nope, I think that's enough. Thank you, I appreciate the change, maybe I can start getting used to the new layout a little more now.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2013 12:44:34 AM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Another idea, would it be a possibility to allow us to change the color of kennel run bar (not sure what else to call it, but he dark green title bar of the different kennel runs). I would like it if my different breeds had different colored kennel runs so its easier to tell apart and then have puppies kennel runs a different color as well. This wouldn't affect the whole site as each user would be able to only see there color changes.

And a few minor ideas:

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.