.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : The reason I don’t just “have it done”
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
6/19/2013 4:23:06 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

I’m not doing a direct copy and paste of the old site to the new one. We’re actually giving the entire thing a facelift.

The reason I need user feedback is a lot of stuff that that was done 4-5 years ago and is only used by a very select few users gets overlooked.

If you compare this site to the old one solely by whether it’s different, you’re not going to like it. That’s not at all uncommon in layout changes (of any site, not just ours) but there’s not much I can do to address those concerns.

So, yeah, sorry for the growing pains but we’re going to get it right. Hopefully late tonight.
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 4:42:26 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Thanks Jeff! It's very different but it's a new and exciting change. The game itself remains the same so far, but the way we view it changes.
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2013 5:49:14 PM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

It probably is not going to be as hard on newer players. I have been on here 10 years now using the same layout so it is going to be a bit harder on us old folks! happy :)
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2013 1:31:23 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

It's all good. I'm a website designer and I know how long and painstaking it can be.
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2013 8:17:54 PM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

I just noticed something. On the main page (the one others see when they go to your kennel), there is no longer a list of dogs at stud. Nor does it tell you whether you have placed them up at stud on the dog's individual page. Is this going to be fixed?
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/26/2013 8:23:15 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Chestara, check the bottom of the user info page and the stud info is the right of the dog.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class