Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : 1st time on new layout, main arrival page
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/18/2013 9:57:17 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post   

OK, I am on the main page when I first log in and I don't see any of my dogs, only links on the left with my runs. On the old one I can see all my dogs, ages, etc. Now I have to click on each run to see anything and I can't see all my dogs at once? Am I missing something? Because I don't like this at all!
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2013 10:47:32 PM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

you should have a My Dogs (next to My Account) link at the top and a View All Dogs link at the bottom
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
6/19/2013 8:06:16 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Is there something we can do to make it more obvious that "My Dogs" and "View All Dogs" on the left takes you to a list of all of your dogs?
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 12:14:43 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

just a thought...

what if you moved Balance to the right under
Welcome -kennel name- (View)

and in the box where balance is now in the larger size text (Bolded) (or even better a graphic/button type link)
VIEW MY KENNEL or VIEW MY DOGS

or it may help to simply put the View All Dogs link at the top of the kennel list instead of at the bottom.

edited to change an error, evidently I don't know left from right

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 6/19/2013 12:15:41 PM
 Goldenwing Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 1:59:16 PM reply with quote send message to Goldenwing Kennel Object to Post

Just wondering, couldn't we go straight to viewing all dogs like on the old layout?
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

6/19/2013 4:01:19 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Goldenwing Kennel, you can, just click "My Dogs" or "View All Dogs" from any page of the site while logged in.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 4:01:52 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Goldenwing Kennel
Just wondering, couldn't we go straight to viewing all dogs like on the old layout?
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 4:02:20 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

ah, posted at the same time as jeff.
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 4:03:47 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

I personally don't like that after I login I still see the sign up box rather than something specific to my kennel. It makes me double check that I did in fact log on to my own kennel. Not sure if this is something that will stay like that or if it will change.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

6/19/2013 4:14:01 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I'm going to setup an option for which page to go to when you login. You'll see it on the account settings later tonight.

Going back to the page you were on is actually the most common way things are done today but there are obviously many that would like to have it the way we did on the old site.
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 4:43:09 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Sounds good!
I just keep thinking I need to log in when ever I see the log in box, but that's just my muddled head!
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 5:07:04 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by admin
I'm going to setup an option for which page to go to when you login. You'll see it on the account settings later tonight.

Going back to the page you were on is actually the most common way things are done today but there are obviously many that would like to have it the way we did on the old site.

I'm actually used to this because of trophyhorse, but I do like seeing my kennel page rather than the login page. Another site I'm on brings you to a "welcome" page, but when you're not logged into the site you can't see any of the pages besides the main login page, different from what we do.
 Goldenwing Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2013 5:19:49 PM reply with quote send message to Goldenwing Kennel Object to Post

posted by admin
Goldenwing Kennel, you can, just click "My Dogs" or "View All Dogs" from any page of the site while logged in.
Yes I understand that but it is two clicks instead of the one that we do on the old layout. Like Templar Knights I have also been double checking to make sure that I am logged in. The option for which page to go to when we login will be a very welcome addition for those of us who want to see our dogs as soon as we log in. Thanks Jeff happy :)
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/20/2013 7:58:58 AM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Goldwing, my point exactly. I like to get to my page and have my dogs there and not have to click to see them. Very often I just log into each kennel, glance at the main page to see if anything needs to be done (like move them at out of the litterbox at 14 days etc) and then move to the next kennel. I don't have a lot of time and it is quick that way. This way for each kennel I have to click on a link just to see the dogs. Don't like it at all. If I could chose to have it open up on My Dogs that would be much better.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.