.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Family Account Owners
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
6/13/2013 10:44:36 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

I’d like to add a drop down box that would show up next to your username on top of the site. It would have each of your accounts in your family account in it so you could flip between them quickly.

What I’m thinking is a setting on each of the accounts that could be managed from the primary family account that would turn this feature on/off with a default of off. That way, the accounts you’d like to be able to flip between would be able to but if you’re letting a friend use one, they wouldn’t have access to your full list of accounts.

Does that make sense?

Is there something about the way you guys use family accounts that I’m not accounting for?
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 2:11:11 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

How would you be able to flip through kennels, lets say, they have different passwords? And what about the family accounts thats shared with different people, the person who manages can just come in and look at our kennels?

This doesnt make sense to me..
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 2:38:31 AM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

Makes sense to me. Love this feature already!
 Wicken
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 2:56:41 AM reply with quote send message to Wicken Object to Post

Is there an opportunity to change the "main" account whilst making this change?
 Templecloud Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/14/2013 5:56:12 AM reply with quote send message to Templecloud Kennels Object to Post

This is a fantastic feature!

I share a family account with a very trusted friend so I wouldn't have a problem with her being able to access my kennels but I can understand that some people might find it a problem in shared family accounts if not set up properly. I often kennel sit for my friend so it will make that job much quicker and easier for me and she won't have to feel guilty that I have so many of her kennels to care for in her absence happy :)

After my initial 'fear' of the switch-over following a nightmare experience on the new layout I am being won over. Thank you Jeff.

Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 10:16:57 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

This would be great I think. However, I have about 5 or 6 kennels that I am currently letting other players use, these are not people I know personally, just other players on SD that I thought could add value as a subscribing member to the game or else a premie who wanted another kennel. that being said I definitely don't want them to be able to access my kennels and I don't really want to interfere with there kennels.

Is there a way we can turn this feature on/off per kennel? So I could set the 5 I don't use to off but I could still use this feature for my other kennels?

And I guess as far as the other players on my family accounts, they would just have to trust that I turned off that setting and am not snooping around their kennels. Which shouldn't be too hard for them to do, since I don't bother them now and was good enough to give them the kennels in the first place.
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 10:23:46 AM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

posted by Summerwind Kennels

Is there a way we can turn this feature on/off per kennel? So I could set the 5 I don't use to off but I could still use this feature for my other kennels?

I agree with this. I know there are a lot of people who "sponsor" basics, and I think they deserve their privacy as well wink ;)

~Shimmer
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 10:52:48 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm guessing the only way to remedy that issue would be to require the password before flipping to another account.
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2013 8:55:22 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

I would LOVE to be able to access all my family kennels with ONE login and password. It would make life so much easier than signing in and out of different kennels to compare breedings, points progressions, etc. PLEASE happy :)
 souwesta
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2013 1:06:30 AM reply with quote send message to souwesta Object to Post

Yes, I would love this feature.
 Circle A Havanese
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2013 6:49:58 AM reply with quote send message to Circle A Havanese Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I would love this feature.

For those of you who keep asking,
Where is the problem with being able to control who can/cannot access each of your family kennels?
I think Jeff made it clear.

posted by admin

a setting on each of the accounts that could be managed from the primary family account that would turn this feature on/off with a default of off. That way, the accounts you’d like to be able to flip between would be able to but if you’re letting a friend use one, they wouldn’t have access to your full list of accounts.

edit for spelling
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2013 9:49:19 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Just brilliant
 Solar Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2013 4:46:14 PM reply with quote send message to Solar Wind Kennels Object to Post

I need a like button for this post!

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.