Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Dog of the Month Nominations
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/15/2012 5:27:26 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post   

Hi everyone! I know I'm a little late getting this out, but this month, I'd like some nominations for Dog of the Month. Preferably, I don't want a REALLY popular (like numbers 1-5 on the list) breed, but if the dog is REALLY exceptional, feel free to post anyways! happy :) Just fill out this form! I'll leave this open until Sunday the 18th on Monday the 19th (depending on when I get back from my agility trial this weekend), so just post away!

Dog's Name:
Bred by:
Owned by:
Breed (and breed's ranking, if you know):
SOP:
Top SOP for breed:
Breed Wins:
Group Wins:
Titles:
BISS Wins:
Sire/Dam of Merit Awards:
Winnings:
Any special reason they're being nominated:

Remember, even if it's a rare breed that doesn't get group and/or show placements, I'll still consider them for Dog of the Month! I want a dog that's amazing, not just a popular breed! Thanks everyone!

Lucky
 Alice In Wonderland Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2012 10:30:03 PM reply with quote send message to Alice In Wonderland Kennels Object to Post

I know this might sound bad but is it okay if you nominate one of your own dogs?
 Firebyrd
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2012 1:13:29 AM reply with quote send message to Firebyrd Object to Post

Ditto above, and do they have to be currently showing still or could they have been retired a bit ago?
 Calming Waters
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2012 11:44:23 AM reply with quote send message to Calming Waters Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

If I can nominate my own dog:

Dog's Name:GCH CH Calms Billie Jean
Bred by: Calming Waters
Owned by: Calming Waters
Breed (and breed's ranking, if you know): English Setter... Just looked up her ranking and shocked to see she was #1!!!
SOP: 87.2
Top SOP for breed: 88.2; 87.9
Breed Wins: 29 Best Of Breed Wins
Group Wins: 1 Group Win- Pommigold October Show, judge Ruth Miller
Titles: GCH CH; working on obedience
Show Wins: Multiple group placements, BIG Winner, BISS winner,
BISS Wins: English Setter Playdare on 11/6, judge Bennie Wilkens
Merits: None
Winnings: $360
Other Wins: BOS National Specialty; top 10 November NSSD Challange
Notes: She finished her CH and GCH before she was 30 days. She has a variety of group placements, for a breed that doesn't place in groups very often. Billie Jean is a phenominal bitch, and the best dog I have ever bred. Luckily for me, she has done a lot of winning in a short amount of time.

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11746008

Please consider Billie Jean for your dog of the month.
 Millbrook Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2012 5:23:42 PM reply with quote send message to Millbrook Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Dog's Name: GCH CH Millbrook Rio Grande
Bred by: Millbrook Kennel
Owned by: " "
Breed: Borzoi
SOP: 93.85
Top SOP for breed: 94.5 (I think)
Breed Wins: 60
Group Wins: 21
Titles: GCH CH
Show Wins: 6
BISS Wins: 1 BISS, 3 2nd in Speciality show
Sire/Dam of Merit Awards: Bronze Sire
Winnings: $5,422
Any special reason they're being nominated:
He is the most successful dog I have ever bred in my 5 odd years on SD. He has beaten over 27,500 dogs, which I think is pretty incredible! He has also sired 10 champions and achieved Bronze Sire. Furthemore, he is a 2x BOB winner at the SDWC and came 5th in the NSSD challenge. To me, he is a truly first rate dog, that thoroughly deserves "Dog Of The Month".

www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11584445

Ryan happy :)

luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2012 7:55:36 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

Thanks for the nominations! And, yes, of course you can nominate your own dog, and they don't have to currently be showing...the last Dog of the Month was a week or two past 120 days.

Lucky
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2012 7:57:56 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

And, it's going to be so hard for me to pick! Even with the two who are already nominated, it's nearly impossible to decide! What's probably going to happen is that I'll pick 2 or 3 and use them for the next few Dog of the Month articles. happy :)

Lucky
 Selma Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2012 10:52:37 AM reply with quote send message to Selma Kennel Object to Post

Dog's Name: GCH CH Kools Chip Off The Block
Bred by: Kool Dogs
Owned by: Kool Dogs
Breed (and breed's ranking, if you know): American Foxhound // 1st in breed
SOP: 81.30
Top SOP for breed: 82.70
Breed Wins: 13
Group Wins: 0
Titles: GCH, and CH
Show Wins: 0
BISS Wins: 0
Sire/Dam of Merit Awards: No, but probably soon with how many litters he has had.
Winnings: $197
Any special reason they're being nominated: I don't know.

I know he isn't overly amazing, but he is the best show dog in the breed (not going by SOP).
Selma
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
11/18/2012 9:04:30 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

This is now CLOSED. I'll pick one dog as the Dog of the Month for December, and one for January...I'll PM the two people I pick within the next few days with the interview. happy :) Thank you three for nominating the dogs, and helping me out with picking! It's always so tough, with so many good dogs out there!

Lucky

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.