Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : For others in the path of Sandy, be safe!
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/26/2012 6:32:11 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post   

So apparently our governor just declared a precautionary state of emergency. Which has me worrying it's going to be a bad storm. I heard it could possibly combine with another storm, and we could get snow.

I am not looking forward to it. When Irene hit us, it was all a big mess. Our thruway was shut down, and it took an hour for a usual ten minute drive.

So to all those in the path, be careful. Hopefully it isn't as bad as they're saying.

-Cassie
 Welshen
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2012 6:55:12 PM reply with quote send message to Welshen Object to Post

I heard about that today Cassie, I wish you luck and be careful! sad :(
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2012 11:44:53 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

I am West coast but grew up back east, heard today the tropical storms supposed to be bad on its own, plus going to blend with a Nor'easter. Praying not as bad as it sounds and everyone does ok, know the Nor'Easters can be bad enough. Early in season too.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2012 12:48:02 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Hoping it's not so bad either. Here's the page that I check up on the hurricanes with (my brother lives in FL). You can click on the links and maps at the bottom for probabilities of this or that situation. The odds of at the very least tropical storm winds are very very high.

www.nhc.noaa.gov/
 Kool Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2012 5:30:04 PM reply with quote send message to Kool Dogs Object to Post

Im about an hour off the coast in VA. We are just getting some wind a rain, still have power, no branches cracking or anything.

It is supposed to get progressively worse overnight though. And, my parents are under a blizzard warning just 2 1/2 hours south/west of us.

Will be interesting to see if those places get the 4-5 feet of snow like they were calling for....

Kool Dogs
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2012 7:40:35 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

We have only had wind so far, as far as rain goes it has been sprinkling. We had lost power for a little while, and then it came back on.

-Cassie
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2012 2:22:26 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

This is how strong the winds were.

Now, this happened to my boyfriend's s***b** father's storage port. I'm not sure the exact name. But for those of you who knows everything that has been going on here (I'm sure I've told you about it, Mandi), I'm glad this happened. I say it's more karma than coincidence. I only used this picture to show how strong the winds were, even though the storm thankfully went around us.

The thing in the picture is like a car port, and the dumb***'s girlfriend's stuff was in it. After that picture was sent to me this morning, my mood brightened. happy :) And for those who are wondering, the grey thing against the tree is the port.

Our power went off and on several times later on, but it stayed on throughout the night.

We barely got any rain, even last night. Irene, we got had lots of rain and lots of flooding. This storm, was definitely different.

But, hopefully everyone made it through okay. I know a few lives were lost (last I knew), and that's just terrible. It makes me wish that people would listen and evacuate when it's suggested.

-Cassie
 Millbrook Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2012 5:24:38 PM reply with quote send message to Millbrook Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I'm in the UK, so I haven't been affected myself, but I would like to offer my condolences to all that have been affected by H. Sandy. I heard on the news this evening that 33 dead is the latest estimate. What a tragedy! sad :(

To all that have been directly affected: be safe, be careful, and best of luck that any damage can be dealt with quickly.

Ryan

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.