Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : SD Fever Breed in the Spotlight
 Cristalina PyrShep
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/5/2012 3:33:04 PM reply with quote send message to Cristalina PyrShep Object to Post   

Please can I ask you to suggest breeds that you believe deserve to be featured in SD Fever as a Breed in the Spotlight

The breed may be your own or simply one you are interested in and wish to know more

There will be no voting as I think this gives more popular breeds an advantage, instead I will choose a breed that I think most deserves it, if your breed is not chosen for the September issue it may still be chosen in the future

Please try to give reasons when nominating a breed

Thank you everyone happy :)
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2012 10:30:48 PM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

Border Collie
Aussie shepherd
Shetland sheepdog
pomeranian
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2012 10:45:12 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Clumber Spaniel

A small breed, with only a handful of active kennels, yet has 2 Top 20 ranked kennels that keep them as a secondary breed. #112 on the difficulty list. Could use some more interested kennels in breeding/showing, as entries are low. Also, a very interesting breed, both in looks and intended purpose.
 DUTCHNECKKENNELS
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2012 4:36:02 AM reply with quote send message to DUTCHNECKKENNELS Object to Post

Of course I have to say Shelties. I love the breed and a lot of us breeders are working together to get the SOP up and bring in some of the "rare" colors.... I think its time the light is shined on the herding group lol
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2012 11:03:55 AM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

Keeshonds!

We only have 3 breeders showing right now, and around 2 others breeding. We desperately need help! Everyone is super friendly and willing to help, and our stud fees and sales are always $100...

~Shimmer
 Golden Corral
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2012 9:54:09 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Corral Object to Post

Samoyeds! There are only about 3 of us that actively breed and show, but we have a few sourcebreeders. WishMaker has been sourcebreeding for years and is getting closer, so it would be awesome for people to be apart of our breed when she finally reaches current SOP with her dogs happy :) We really could use some help and new breeders!

If you have any questions, you can PM me happy :)
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2012 3:46:29 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

posted by Inspirational Kennels
Keeshonds!

We only have 3 breeders showing right now, and around 2 others breeding. We desperately need help! Everyone is super friendly and willing to help, and our stud fees and sales are always $100...

~Shimmer

Being top kennel in this breed I am definitely for this, and willing to assist in any way needed wink ;)
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2012 3:46:57 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
Clumber Spaniel

A small breed, with only a handful of active kennels, yet has 2 Top 20 ranked kennels that keep them as a secondary breed. #112 on the difficulty list. Could use some more interested kennels in breeding/showing, as entries are low. Also, a very interesting breed, both in looks and intended purpose.

Agreed also! Clumbers are one of my secondary breeds, and I would love to see them promoted more.
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2012 12:52:44 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

Flat-Coated Retreivers
Pyrenean Shepherds
Weimaraners

If you have any questions about any of these breeds, just let me know!

Lucky
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2012 1:25:04 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by luckydogwhisperer

Pyrenean Shepherds

Lucky

lol... Cristalina PYRSHEP razz :p

Swedish vallhunds please? :3
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2012 1:27:06 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

XD I wasn't even thinking about who ran this, Cristalina! laugh :D Oh my gosh, it's been a long morning. razz :p

Lucky
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
8/8/2012 1:38:36 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

I would like to nominate Lakeland Terriers. We only have a small handful of breeders. There usually aren't very many dogs in the show ring. Only 2-3 kennels are showing dogs. We would love to get some more people interested in the breed! happy :) Everyone is friendly and we enjoy working together. ALL studs are $25-$50 and ALL dogs up for sale are $100. Very fun breed to be apart of.
 Celestia
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2012 5:48:35 PM reply with quote send message to Celestia Object to Post

posted by luckydogwhisperer
Flat-Coated Retreivers
Pyrenean Shepherds
Weimaraners

Lucky

I second Pyrenean Shepherds happy :)!
 Cristalina PyrShep
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2012 1:38:23 PM reply with quote send message to Cristalina PyrShep Object to Post

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will be choosing on Monday

Even if I don't choose your breed for the next issue I am likely to use it in the future
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2012 9:54:34 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

I third Pyr sheps! happy :)
 Anchor Paws Canines
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2012 2:38:33 PM reply with quote send message to Anchor Paws Canines Object to Post

I fourth Pyrsheps!

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.