Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : June Issue
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
6/9/2012 9:51:55 AM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post   

Sorry for the delay everyone! We had A LOT of late submissions. Some staff members didn't even submit their assignments at all. sad :( So sorry if some pages look the same. I just decided to leave last month's articles up on a few pages instead of making them blank. There is still a good bit of new content on the site so I hope you all enjoy it! happy :) If you are a staff member please, please get your assignments in on time next month! wink :) I hope you all will take part in the poll this month! It's just for fun and it's interesting to see the results. We didn't have a lot of people participate in the poll last month so let's see how this month goes. If anyone has ideas for poll questions feel free to PM me. Thanks! happy :)

sdfever.weebly.com/
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2012 10:38:27 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

why am I randomly saying "happy" through out this? I never said that word...ever. It makes me look dumb to be honest.

This month's Kudos Award winner is Brenna @ Welsh Corgi Kennels. Brenna breeds Vallhunds and Welsh Corgis! She's Aiming to be the number one kennel in all of her breeds right now.

Q: How does it feel to win this award?
A: Very awesome! I'm glad people voted for me, and thank you to everyone who did!

Q: What is your favorite SD moment?
A: I bred this very nice Pembroke, GCH CH Reise Dreamcatcher, and he was my first dog to get Best in Show happy happy

Q: How did you find Showdog.com?
A: In 2006, my cousin showed me Showdog because we both loved dogs to death. She is no longer playing, but I obviously stayed lol

Q: Do you have dogs in RL life, if you do what breeds?
A: Yes, I have a black and white Shih Tzu named Fritz, and a Manchester Toy Terrier mix named Loki happy Fritz is 7 years old, and Loki is about 8 months old.

Q: If you could describe Showdog.com in one word, what would it be?
A: Surprising

Q: How do you like to help people out on SD?
A: I love helping people in my breeds. I also love helping people with banners, getting started, etc.
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
6/9/2012 12:50:45 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

I only see happy 3 times. Not sure why though. All I do is copy and paste what our Editor in Chief Piedmont sends to me. I don't have time to read through every single word. I will go take those 3 words out.

Please PM Piedmont and figure out how that got in there. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. happy :)
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2012 1:14:27 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Thanks Everdale :3
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

6/9/2012 1:32:32 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

No problem. Sorry about that! wink :)
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2012 1:37:00 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

I'll go ahead and interview someone now, and send it razz :p
 Piedmont
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2012 2:19:18 PM reply with quote send message to Piedmont Object to Post

When you email articles using emoticons i.e. smiley faces, they are not sent as the graphic smiley you see in message boards, the code translates them into the corresponding emotion, in the case of smiley faces it is "happy".

When I read though your articles, I do not know whether you intended to write "happy", or if it is a translation from the emoticon.

To avoid confusion, please do not submit articles with emoticons in the body.
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

6/9/2012 2:24:45 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

Oh ok I was thinking that's what it was. Thanks for clearing that up. wink :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler