Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : How to enter?
 Schnauzerific
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/2/2012 10:46:58 AM reply with quote send message to Schnauzerific Object to Post   

I'm probably blind, but I've searched around and I can't see or find anything about how to enter a dog in an obedience trial. I can find and enter conformation shows just fine, but I don't see any listings of obedience events (which in real life are often at the same shows as conformation, is that how it works here?) Or, are they separately listed somewhere? Also, what are good stats to have before starting in Novice A? Thanks -
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2012 11:13:23 AM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

When you click Enter Shows on your dog's page, look for the shows where under 'Breeds' it has a little dog figure. Most of the shows say All, but there is usually one a day that is obedience.

-Cassie
 Schnauzerific
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2012 11:50:13 AM reply with quote send message to Schnauzerific Object to Post

Is that what the dog picture means? Obedience? Good grief I've wondered what that picture meant, I thought maybe it was a German Shepherd show or something : )
 Schnauzerific
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2012 11:56:04 AM reply with quote send message to Schnauzerific Object to Post

Ok, I know I've clicked on those shows (dog picture) before and I didn't see anything that looked like they were obedience trials, so I just did it again. I clicked on a couple of the "Danger Zone" events that have over 150 entries. The screen showing other dogs in my breed that have entered was blank. So, I clicked on "show all entries" and that was blank as well. I believe that's how it has always been when I've looked at those shows. How can a show allegedly have 150+ entries, but nothing at all shows up? How do I enter a particular class? And what are good stats to have before starting in Novice A for example? Thanks!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.