Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2012 6:32:03 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Another thing about the weather... I'm in the Interior of BC and we have no snow yet... but some friends and family live in Edmonton and they have TONS of snow! Only 8 hours away from me.

FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2012 8:35:10 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Vancouver is INCREDIBLY expensive if you're looking to buy a home. Average runs at over 750k. Vancouver island runs lower I believe but it's something to keep in mind. It's been a LONG time since I lived in Vancouver but if that's a place you'd like to be close to, look into Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey, Langly, etc. They're all within an hour of Vancouver. Kamloops and Kelowna are a few hours away but I remember loving going there. My grandparents are in Clear Water, but that's like 5 hours from Vancouver and an hour from Kamloops.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2012 12:44:08 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Thanks Reina and Fallenstarz, i'm going to look into more of that region then (750k? THAT IS CRAZY!!)
 TNT Cessnock Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2012 10:29:29 AM reply with quote send message to TNT Cessnock Kennels Object to Post

I work in real estate and I can tell you that that is not the case outside of the city. Yes, housing is at a premium in the city, but it's much lower outside. An average house costs about $500k in Surrey where I live and work.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2012 12:15:23 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

That's why I mentioned the other areas happy :)
 Welshen
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2012 12:31:36 PM reply with quote send message to Welshen Object to Post

posted by FallenStarz
That's why I mentioned the other areas happy :)
Right now my parents own a large house and it was only 45k...x.x So I'm guessing you make more money in Canada or is it just the norm? lol
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2012 12:49:22 PM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

I think most people do earn a little bit more in Canada than the USA but only some areas have that expensive housing (Vancouver, Toronto). There are lots of other places even just 30-50min away from those cities where you can get double the space for half the price.

grif,
 Welshen
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2012 2:44:34 PM reply with quote send message to Welshen Object to Post

x.x thats so crazy.

Well thanks for all the HELPFUL information, it really has helped happy :) When the time comes closer to start planning I'm going to look more in that area.

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.