Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Proposed New Dog Legislation
 Amberleigh Hounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/24/2012 4:35:30 AM reply with quote send message to Amberleigh Hounds Object to Post   

Please read this www.defra.gov.uk/consult/files/dangerous-dogs-annexa-condoc-120423.pdf
and make your comments www.defra.gov.uk/consult/2012/04/23/dangerous-dogs-1204/

This legislation will make you and your dog liable if it attacks a burglar in your home, inadvertently frightens a visitor or harms a neighbour's cat in your garden.

It will also make it compulsory to microchip despite the fact that they move, can stop working and there being evidence that microchips cause cancer. There are alternatives to microchipping in ear tattoos and DNA profiling but the government refuses to allow any alternative.

This legislation could mean innocent dogs being put to sleep.
 archyn
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2012 7:52:09 PM reply with quote send message to archyn Object to Post

i share your feelings about anti dog legislation in different countries.i,ve already been forced to euthinize some of the r/l dogs i,ve kept through the prejudice of nasty minded individual people who deliberately agitated them.it seems local goverment animal regulations have being designed to prevent the pro canine keepers from having any influence.
 Amberleigh Hounds
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2012 7:51:49 AM reply with quote send message to Amberleigh Hounds Object to Post

That's so very sad and exactly what I expect to happen in UK but trying to get dog owners motivated to stand up against this law is proving difficult. The government and (alleged) animal welfare organisations have done an excellent job of selling it and even the Keneel Club is supportive.
I feel for you.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.