Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Which Class?
 Meteorite
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/5/2011 3:25:28 PM reply with quote send message to Meteorite Object to Post   

My bitch has recently earned her CD in obedience. I´d like to enter her in Novice B for a bit more practice before Open, but I don´t know how to make sure she is in the right class. I heard once that a beginner will go up against all the other beginners in Novice A. If they get their CD, they will go to open, but can also go against other better beginners in Novice B if they are not ready yet. Is this true? If it is, what is the line that defines a dog from being ready? lol first time in obedience.

Thanks,
Meteorite
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2011 3:28:52 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Got it! A is for the newbieist of newbies. Then B is for people that have been thru it before and/or aren't ready for open. As for being ready for open, depends on how much your dog is sessioned for open. Can't tell you how much is enough, can start trying at 18's or 19's but personally I'd want my dog to be at 20. Also remember those decimals, just because you see "20" doesn't mean it's 20.00! happy :)
 Meteorite
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2011 1:43:15 AM reply with quote send message to Meteorite Object to Post

Thanks, Wildsyde.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler